South Korean envoy congratulates Vietnam over football win
Dec 02, 2019 / 16:13
S.Korea plans to build Vietnam-style village at coach Park Hang-seo's hometown
The Hanoitimes - It is estimated that over 20 Vietnamese tourist groups visited Sancheong from April to November this year.
Sancheong County would become a Vietnamese football shrine with a multi-million dollar project to build a Vietnamese style village.
The county, which is the hometown of the successful coach of Vietnam's national soccer team Park Hang-seo, will invest US$3.39 million to create a Vietnamese style village in an effort to promote the local tourism, Vietnam News Agency reported.
Construction of the village is slated to kick off in 2021.
|Park Hang-seo is one of the most favorite football coaches in Vietnam, who has led the national football squad gaining many successes. Photo: VnExpress.|
The local authorities said they came up with the initiative of creating a Vietnamese village in the Sancheong County during Park Hang-seo’s home visit earlier this year. On this occasion, Park also agreed to serve as the Honorary Ambassador for his home town.
Under the plan, there will be an exhibition area and a soccer-themed coffee shop near Park’s house. The village is expected to become a Vietnamese food heaven with a series of restaurants dedicated to the Southeast Asian country’s cuisine. The walls of houses in the village will be painted with images of Park in his youth as a soccer player as well as Vietnamese tourist attractions.
The village together with other available local places of interest including Saengcho International Sculpture Park and Sancheong Museum will form a tourist complex.
It is estimated that over 20 Vietnamese tourist groups visited Sancheong from April to November this year due to the frenzy ensuing the success of the Vietnamese national football squad led by Park Hang-seo. Park has become one of the most favorite figures in Vietnam thanks to the victories of the soccer squad in the past two years.
- Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
- Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
- Vietnamese flood streets to celebrate historic football victory
- S.Korea plans to build Vietnam-style village at coach Park Hang-seo's hometown
- Hanoi hosts series activities to celebrate Moscow Days in Hanoi
- Netflix wants to produce its program in Vietnam, for Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese most preferred TV show in Tet holiday may stop airing
- Heart of Hanoi to turn into Italian square this weekend
- Vietnam to host SEA Games 31 and Para Games 11 in 2021
- Renowned Belgium music band to rock up Hanoi audience this weekend
Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor