May 11, 2017 / 21:28
Stand-Up Comedy with Phil Nichol and Mo Sidik
The Hanoitimes - Stand-up comedy nights with Canadian comedian, singer-songwriter and actor Phil Nichol & Indonesian comic Mo Sidik.
Lauded Canadian comedian, singer-songwriter and actor Phil Nichol will be performing in Hanoi and HCMC.
One of the best loved stand-ups on the UK live circuit, Phil has done everything. TV, huge theatre shows, sellout Edinburgh fringe appearances, lots of awards and champagne receptions with the Queen. We saw him recently headlining the Comedy Store in London, and he was phenomenal.
Here are some of the quotes:
“Seismically powerful award-winning comic force” — The Scotsman
“Riotously funny-and filthy” — The Sunday Telegraph
“Edgy in a cartoonish way” — The Independent
“A Triumph” — The Sunday Times
“Hugely enjoyable” — Time Out
Accompanying Phil will be Indonesian homegrown comic Mo Sidik. A professional radio personality and MC since 1995, Mo has been doing stand-up comedy in English and Bahasa Indonesia full-time since 2011.
He will be bringing to Saigon excerpts of his show, Fattitude, which offers a hysterical glimpse into the trials and tribulations of a man who is overweight and yet loves life and its challenges. Expect to hear about fat shaming and bullying, the joys of eating desserts, breaking items and how to enjoy attention.
Stand-Up Comedy with Phil Nichol and Mo Sidik will be held on Fri 12 May 2017, 8 pm at Game On Saigon and Hanoi: Sat 13 May 2017, 8 pm at Standing Bar.
- Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
- Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
- Vietnamese flood streets to celebrate historic football victory
- S.Korea plans to build Vietnam-style village at coach Park Hang-seo's hometown
- Hanoi hosts series activities to celebrate Moscow Days in Hanoi
- Netflix wants to produce its program in Vietnam, for Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese most preferred TV show in Tet holiday may stop airing
- Heart of Hanoi to turn into Italian square this weekend
- Vietnam to host SEA Games 31 and Para Games 11 in 2021
- Renowned Belgium music band to rock up Hanoi audience this weekend
Vietnamese automobile makers ask for more support
Optimal plan is to create constant flow for Hanoi’s dying river: Experts
First Vietnam-Russia Inter-parliamentary Commission discusses new areas of cooperation
Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
Hanoi's air quality worsens to alarmingly unhealthy level in recent days
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi