Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - So far, Vietnam has undergone 77 days without local transmission.
An Indonesia man living in Vietnam who was suspected to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 has been confirmed to be negative for the contagious virus, the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control announced Thursday [July 2].
|A security guard takes the body temperature of a Muslim worshipper prior to the start of a Friday prayer at Al Akbar Mosque in Surabaya on March 27. Photo: AP|
A group of 145 people who made contact with him have also tested negative for the virus, posing no threat to community transmission.
News on the suspected case was announced Wednesday by the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control after an Indonesia man got a medical checkup at FV Hospital and was said to have acquired the virus. It was unknown which testing method was used at FV Hospital.
On the same day, the Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City took swabs on the man and related people.
The Indonesian man, who worked for Kyungbang Vietnam Co., Ltd, arrived in Vietnam on March 11, several days before Vietnam halted entry of visitors from Southeast Asia.
As of July 2, Vietnam has undergone 77 days without local transmission. The country has confirmed a total of 355 infections, including 215 imported cases.
So far, 336 Covid-19 patients have recovered, accounting for 94.6%, especially 49 out of 50 foreign patients have become convalescents.
No death of coronavirus has been reported in the country.
Indonesia currently tops Southeast Asian countries for the number of coronavirus infections with more than 57,000 cases.
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam may peak in next ten days: Health official
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
- Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam's Covid-19 death count rises to six
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors