Tree planting campaign significantly improves Hanoi’s environment
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi's vegetation has significantly mitigated urban heat and contributed to improving the living environment of local residents.
Over the past few years, the tree planting campaign has significantly improved Hanoi city’s environment, Kinhtedothi.vn reported.
Under the million-tree planting program, trees and flowers have been grown on the sidewalks. The vegetation has significantly mitigated urban heat and contributed to improving the living environment of local residents.
In particular, the program of planting one million trees is aimed at making Hanoi greener. With determination and efforts of the municipal government’s and related units, the program’s targets have been achieved ahead of time.
In the period of 2019 - 2020, Hanoi aims to plant another 600 thousand trees. According to environmental experts, more trees in the capital not only refresh the air, but shades the streets, preventing sunlight, curbing the harmful effects of radiation on people, especially in hot days.
|Expanding greenery system is one of the tasks performed by functional forces in recent years.|
|Trees planted by Cau Giay district are becoming shady.|
|The maple trees on Tran Duy Hung - Nguyen Chi Thanh route.|
|Although the trees’ leaves have not turned into red, they have grown steadily.|
|The maple trees on Tran Duy Hung street creates a highlight for the route.|
The maple trees are expected to embellish Hanoi’s streets.
- Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
- Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
- Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
- Hanoi to kick off tunnel construction at busy intersection
- Hanoi economy continues to improve despite Covid-19 pandemic
- Hanoi has new mayor
- Five Hanoi streets closed to traffic for Mid-Autumn Festival
- UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
- Hanoi to cooperate with Thai investors in major urban infrastructure projects
- Hanoi closes bars, karaoke parlors failing to ensure anti-pandemic measures
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread