US report on Vietnam human rights contains unverified information: Spokesperson
The Hanoitimes - Vietnamese Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang said the country has completed its law and signed international treaties on human rights protection.
Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of the Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said that the US report on Vietnam’s human rights in 2019 is biased with unverified information.
|Le Thi Thu Hang, spokeswoman of Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Photo: Lao Dong|
Vietnam is willing to discuss issues of the mutual concern at the US-Vietnam Annual Human Rights Dialogue to promote understanding in the spirit of openness and mutual respect, contributing to the enhancement of the comprehensive partnership, Hang said in a statement.
The spokesperson also said that Vietnam acknowledges that the Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2019 by the US Department State’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor has reflected prominent steps in Vietnam’s human rights record.
She note that “Vietnam’s policies on respecting, protecting, and promoting human rights are consistent. The country has completed its legal framework on human rights together with signing international treaties on the issues. As a result, Vietnam’s results have been highly appreciated by international community.”
The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor releases annual country reports on human rights, including that in Vietnam. In its 2019 report, several significant issues had been revealed.
- Danang continues Covid-19 lockdown
- ASEAN FMs call for maintaining peace and stability in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam announces 2-day national mourning for former Party chief
- Vietnam announces 2 more Covid-19 deaths, aged 33 and 47
- Vietnam's Covid-19 testing capacity improves: DPM
- August 9: Vietnam reports 2 new Covid-19 cases, including 1 in Hanoi
- Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam identifies testing as key solution to prevent Covid-19 spread
- Aggressive actions needed to defeat Covid-19 next 10 days: Vietnam PM
- Vietnam former Party chief passes away
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
PM expects Vietnam to remain Samsung’s global strategic production hub
Danang continues Covid-19 lockdown
Acceleration of investment program helps Vietnam mitigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors