Vietnam adds US$54 million to Covid-19 vaccine purchase
The funding for Covid-19 vaccines comes from the state budget and other sources.
The government has decided an amount of VND1.24 trillion (US$54 million) for the purchase of Covid-19 vaccines.
|First doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered in Vietnam since March 8. Photo: Kinh Te Do Thi|
The money, which is sourced from the central budget reserve 2021, will also be used for the vaccination, which began in early March.
So far, some 50,000 people in frontline forces have been vaccinated in the country of nearly 100 million people.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) is responsible for the purchase and universal immunization in 2021 with the government’s initial plan of buying 150 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines.
Vietnam expected to get the delivery of 60 million doses in 2021, coming from British-Swedish AstraZeneca and COVAX Facility, the Covid-19 vaccine sharing scheme.
On March 23, Vietnam licensed Russia’s Sputnik V for the inoculation.
As the global supply is deficient, Vietnam is mobilizing different stakeholders for the import of vaccines.
The country is currently negotiating with Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and Gamaleya for the purchase of vaccines.
- Vietnam asks China to resolve maritime disputes
- HCM City to try out public bicycle system from August
- Vietnam makes marine spatial planning for 2030
- Biden nominates expert on Asia as ambassador to Vietnam
- Sexual violence in conflict: thorny issue bothers UN Security Council
- Vietnam ranks 40th in global list of best countries in 2021: US News
- Vietnam, China maintain political links
- Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
- Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam: PAPI
- Vietnam, Brunei seek further comprehensive partnership
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking