Vietnam bags four gold medals at 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad
The Hanoitimes - The achievements ranked Vietnam at the second place in the competition, only behind the US.
Four Vietnamese students have won gold medals at the 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad, VnExpress reported, citing the Ministry of Education and Training on July 30.
|Four Vietnamese students take part in the 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad (two on the right and two on the left). Photo: MOET|
The achievements put Vietnam at the second place in the competition, only behind the US, the best result recorded by a Vietnamese team at the International Chemistry Olympiad in the competition’s history.
The winning students are the 11th and 12th graders of gifted schools in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Nghe An and Nam Dinh provinces.
The gold medalists are Nguyen Hoang Duong, a 11th grader from Hanoi, Ly Hai Dang, a 12th grader from Hai Phong, Dam Thi Minh Trang, a 12th grader from Nam Dinh province, and Pham Trung Quoc Anh, a 12th grader from Nghe An province.
Dang scored the highest among the four - 97/100 - to rank 5th among 231 contestants, while Duong ranked 9th, Anh 15th and Trang 22nd.
This year’s competition was scheduled to be held in Turkey from July 6 to 25 but the Covid-19 pandemic prompted event organizers to host it online instead (Remote Access Exam). The Vietnamese students took the exam at Hanoi National University of Education where they were monitored via the organizers’ camera system in real-time.
The competition attracted the participation of contestants from 60 countries and territories, 20 fewer than the previous year due to Covid-19.
Last year, Vietnam bagged two gold medals and two silvers, finishing fifth out of 80 teams.
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad
- Vietnam to proceed with national exam despite return of Covid-19
- Hanoi plans to halve number of colleges and vocational schools
- Vietnam may operate repatriation flights for Vietnamese students in US
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Fulbright University Vietnam receives USAID grant worth US$4.65 million
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Hanoi: Int'l schools prioritize students' well-being in Covid-19 fight
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia's top 500
Vietnam gov't strives to ensure positive economic growth this year
Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
Hanoi named among TripAdvisor’s 25 popular destinations
Vietnam economy shows positive signs in 7 months: PM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors