Vietnam can conduct 13,000 Covid-19 tests each day
Some 111 laboratories across Vietnam are now capable of diagnosing the novel coronavirus by using Real-time RT-PCR technology, with maximum capacity of thousands of tests per day.
With 111 laboratories nationwide now capable of diagnosing the novel coronavirus by using the Real-time RT-PCR technology, Vietnam can conduct 13,000 Covid-19 tests a day and basically meets demand for confirmatory testing for Covid-19, Vietnam News Agency reported.
|A health worker of the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control is taking a throat swab sample from an elder. Photo: Pham Hung|
Of the 111 laboratories, 39 have been given the go-ahead to conduct confirmation tests, including 22 central-level healthcare establishments and hospitals, 14 centers for disease control (CDCs), and three other units outside the health sector, according to a report of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control on April 20.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has provided Vietnam with about 10,000 tests kits and is considering the provision of 40,000 Real-time RT-PCR kits made in Germany. In addition, Viet A Corp., a Vietnamese company, has provided more than 70,000 test kits.
Vietnam’s health ministry has also allocated 40 rapid testing machines along with over 30,000 kits, 140,000 biological products manufactured by Viet A JSC for Real-time RT-PCR tests, and is expected to allocate another 100,000 kits.
Besides, facilities for conducting Covid -19 have also proactively sought supplies from other domestic and foreign sources.
Vietnam has not recorded any new Covid-19 cases for four consecutive days, keeping the case count at 268. Among the patients, 214 have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
The number of new Covid-19 cases has decreased gradually thanks to the local government’s policy of social distancing, according to experts.
- Cho Ray Hospital recognized as regional nephrology training center
- Vietnam to receive 811,200 Covax vaccine doses in early April
- Vietnam gives nod to Russian made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam’s first kidney transplant for boy with genetic mutation succeeds
- Vietnam to receive over 5.6 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in two months
- Hanoi’s health sector details Covid-19 vaccine rollout plan
- Vietnam warned to be on high alert of H5N8 avian flu strain
- Bluezone Covid-19 tracking app exceeds 30 million downloads
- Vietnam has first super-cold freezer for Covid-19 vaccines
- Nearly 600 direct contacts of deceased Japanese patient negative for coronavirus
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking