Vietnam closes schools one more week to curb spread of coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - Because of the school closing, a number of schools have applied online teaching
Almost all cities and provinces across Vietnam have decided to close schools for another week in order to minimize the infection of novel coronavirus-caused respiratory sickness.
|Schools in Vietnam will be closed for one more week. Photo: Giadinhvatreem|
As of 7:30 pm Friday [February 7], as many as 56 cities and provinces announced to close all school schools from kindergarten to high school in the week starting from February 10, local media reported.
More localities are expected to follow suit.
Big cities namely Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Haiphong, Da Nang, and Can Tho are also in the list of localities which allow schoolchildren to stay at home for their safety in the context that the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (nCoV) has caused 13 infections in the country.
Hanoi alone will also shut down all schools, giving more than two million of schoolchildren another week off.
On February 6, Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha asked heads of local governments to close schools by considering the epidemic situation to ensure the safety of students.
The ministry asks education institutions to apply online teaching to maintain training programs.
In the meantime, a number of schools have been cleaned to prevent the spread of the epidemic.
Vietnam has more than 24 million of students. The school year in Vietnam begins in September and ends in May and June of the next year.
- Vietnam education ministry trims curricula as schools stay shut
- Hanoi extends school break till April 5 on Covid-19
- Hanoi offers televised lectures for 9th and 12th-grade students
- Hanoi universities break into top global ranking
- Vietnam extends school closure for one more week over Covid-19
- Class resumption sparks social controversy amid Covid-19 epidemic
- Vietnam yet to decide to reopen schools on Covid-19 epidemic
- Vietnam extends time frame for 2019-2020 academic year due to Covid-19 epidemic
- Three Vietnam universities named among the best in emerging economies
- Ho Chi Minh City plans to extend school break till end-March
Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
Vietnam to stay among Asia’s fastest growing economies despite sharp slowdown: ADB
Touching moments recorded at Bach Mai Hospital under isolation
Vietnam not to penalize foreigners’ overstay during national social distancing
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19