Vietnam confirms 15th nCoV case
The Hanoitimes - So far six out of 15 infections in Vietnam have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Vietnam has reported one more person who is infected with respiratory sickness caused by the novel coronavirus (nCoV), totaling the number of infections at 15.
|As of Feb 11, Vietnam reports 15 infections of nCoV. Photo: Baotainguyenmoitruong|
The latest case is a three-month-old baby in the northern province of Vinh Phuc who was in “close contact” with an nCoV patient who is her grandmother also from the same locality.
The baby visited her grandmother and lived with her for four days from January 28.
At present, the map of nCoV infection in Vietnam covers four localities, including the northern province of Vinh Phuc with 10, the central provinces of Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa one each, and Ho Chi Minh City three.
So far six out of 15 infected people have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Among 15 infections in Vietnam, two are Chinese nationals who were found positive with nCoV in January 23 and one of them now tested negative.
Six out of 15 infections came back to the country from Chinese city of Wuhan, the original epidemic zone.
Currently, 64 others are quarantined on suspicion of nCoV infection.
As of February 11, the number of nCoV infections reaches 43,102 globally while the death is 1,018, including two outside China.
- Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
- Partial social distancing helps Vietnam mitigate negative economic Covid-19 impacts
- Covid-19 epicenter in Danang must be stamped out: PM
- Covid-19 may hurt up to 5 million workers in Vietnam in Q3
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam strives to stamp down Covid-19 in highly infectious Danang hospital
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh City closes entertainment facilities
- Vietnam authorities seize nearly 1 million poor quality face masks
Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Vietnamese students invent coronavirus-proof hat
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors