Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
The Hanoitimes - Patient No.696, a 51-year-old resident of Danang, died of pneumonia caused by Covid-19 and several chronic diseases.
Another Covid-19 patient with serious underlying health conditions in the central city of Danang passed away this morning, becoming the 30th death of the virus in Vietnam, the Ministry of Health confirmed.
|Medics take care of a Covid-19 patient at the field hospital in Hoa Vang district of Da Nang city. Photo: Nguyen Dong|
Patient No.696, a 51-year-old woman, residing in Hai Chau district of Danang, died of pneumonia caused by Covid-19, septic shock, multiple organ failure, high blood pressure, and heart failure, the Ministry of Health said.
She was a kidney patient who had undergone dialysis for 15 years. The patient was admitted to Danang Hospital on July 19 with venous congestion in her arm.
On August 5, she tested positive for the new coronavirus and was transferred to the field hospital in the city’s Hoa Vang district. However, her condition kept worsening steadily.
Vietnam has 1,034 Covid-19 cases with 632 recoveries.
All 30 Covid-19 fatalities in the country so far suffered various pre-existing comorbidities, with renal failure being the most common disease of them. The youngest among the dead was 33 years old and the oldest was 93.
- Health experts ring alarm bell on coronavirus this winter
- Vietnam's top health official urges strict vigilance against Covid-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat
- Hanoi’s 10th grader bags gold at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad 2020
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Hanoi real estate market to heat up by end-2020
Japan PM Suga makes surprise visit to Hoan Kiem lake
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread