Vietnam continues repatriating citizens from US
Vietnam continues repatriating citizens who long for tickets to fly home.
Vietnam has operated another repatriation flight from Washington D.C. to bring its citizens home as the United States suffers the most from Covid-19 in both infections and deaths.
|Vietnamese passgners at an airport in the US waiting to fly home. Photo: MOFA|
On July 9, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines brought 346 citizens to Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
The repatriated people are those of the priority list, including children under 18, infants, pregnant women, students finished school without dormitories, businessmen and civil servants on duty, citizens with financial and accommodation difficulties, and other of special cases.
Vietnam has operated several repatriation flights from the US but demand for repatriation from the North American country remains high.
Vietnam Airlines has operated direct flights to the US and the flights require lots of efforts to get approval from related agencies from both sides as well as human resources.
So far, the US has confirmed more than 3.32 million infections and nearly 136,000 deaths.
On the other side of the hemisphere, Vietnam has undergone nearly three months of no local transmission and the infections stand at 369 and zero deaths.
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
- Vietnam, Singapore parliaments ink agreement to boost cooperation
- PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
- Greece wants to be transshipment hub for Vietnam goods to EU
- Vietnam seeks UNICEF support for children-focused SDGs by 2030
- Vietnam seeks climate finance from G7
- Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
- Visitors to Vietnam no longer required Covid-19 testing
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour