Vietnam continues repatriating citizens from US
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam continues repatriating citizens who long for tickets to fly home.
Vietnam has operated another repatriation flight from Washington D.C. to bring its citizens home as the United States suffers the most from Covid-19 in both infections and deaths.
|Vietnamese passgners at an airport in the US waiting to fly home. Photo: MOFA|
On July 9, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines brought 346 citizens to Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
The repatriated people are those of the priority list, including children under 18, infants, pregnant women, students finished school without dormitories, businessmen and civil servants on duty, citizens with financial and accommodation difficulties, and other of special cases.
Vietnam has operated several repatriation flights from the US but demand for repatriation from the North American country remains high.
Vietnam Airlines has operated direct flights to the US and the flights require lots of efforts to get approval from related agencies from both sides as well as human resources.
So far, the US has confirmed more than 3.32 million infections and nearly 136,000 deaths.
On the other side of the hemisphere, Vietnam has undergone nearly three months of no local transmission and the infections stand at 369 and zero deaths.
- Covid-19 may hurt up to 5 million workers in Vietnam in Q3
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam strives to stamp down Covid-19 in highly infectious Danang hospital
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh City closes entertainment facilities
- Vietnam authorities seize nearly 1 million poor quality face masks
- Vietnam reports first Covid-19 death
- Vietnam sets up special task force in Danang as local infections surge
- World Bank provides US$6.2-million grant to help Vietnam cope with Covid-19
- Journey home from Equatorial Guinea of over 100 coronavirus-infected Vietnamese citizens
Vietnam gov't strives to ensure positive economic growth this year
Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
Hanoi named among TripAdvisor’s 25 popular destinations
Vietnam economy shows positive signs in 7 months: PM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors