Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
The Hanoitimes - This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s industrial parks and economic zones with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date.
In the first six months of 2020, Vietnam’s industrial parks (IPs) and economic zones (EZs) welcomed 335 foreign-invested projects worth US$6 billion, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
|Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in Jan-Jun.|
This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s IPs and EZs with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date, 72.3% of which has been disbursed.
Meanwhile, IPs and EZs have received VND62.7 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in terms of newly-registered capital and additional capital poured into 282 projects by Vietnamese investors during the six-month period, stated the MPI in a report.
Overall, domestic investors have committed VND2,310 trillion (US$98.74 billion) to IPs and EZs, 46.3% of the said amount has been disbursed.
Vietnam currently has 336 industrial zones covering an area of nearly 97,800 hectares as of the end of June, of which 261 are operational, other 75 are in the process of site clearance and construction. The occupancy rate reached 76% at operating industrial parks.
Additionally, the country has 17 coastal economic zones covering a combined area of approximately 845,000 hectares on land and water surface.
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
- Vietnam - a fresh, attractive hub for South Korean auto parts manufacturers
- Bien Hoa Industrial Park to be turned into a commercial and service area
- Quang Ninh focuses on develop Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone
- Non-tariff area proposed for Van Don special zone
- Japanese businesses keen on Hai Phong's economic growth
- Hanoi approves the development plan of industrial cluster
Infrastructure is essential for Hanoi's first satellite city to attract investment
Two thirds of Vietnamese married women suffer domestic violence: Study
Vietnam climbs two places in UN e-government index 2020
Vietnam’s transport ministry proposes reopening Asia air routes from August
Vietnam rises in global real estate transparency index: JLL
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors