Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s industrial parks and economic zones with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date.
In the first six months of 2020, Vietnam’s industrial parks (IPs) and economic zones (EZs) welcomed 335 foreign-invested projects worth US$6 billion, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
|Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in Jan-Jun.|
This resulted in a total of 9,853 foreign-invested projects in the country’s IPs and EZs with total registered capital of US$197.8 billion to date, 72.3% of which has been disbursed.
Meanwhile, IPs and EZs have received VND62.7 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in terms of newly-registered capital and additional capital poured into 282 projects by Vietnamese investors during the six-month period, stated the MPI in a report.
Overall, domestic investors have committed VND2,310 trillion (US$98.74 billion) to IPs and EZs, 46.3% of the said amount has been disbursed.
Vietnam currently has 336 industrial zones covering an area of nearly 97,800 hectares as of the end of June, of which 261 are operational, other 75 are in the process of site clearance and construction. The occupancy rate reached 76% at operating industrial parks.
Additionally, the country has 17 coastal economic zones covering a combined area of approximately 845,000 hectares on land and water surface.
- Vietnam Prime Minister approves three industrial parks
- Recruitment demand of foreign manufacturers surges in 2021
- New industrial project expected to lure high-tech investment in Thai Binh
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
- Vietnam - a fresh, attractive hub for South Korean auto parts manufacturers
- Bien Hoa Industrial Park to be turned into a commercial and service area
- Quang Ninh focuses on develop Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone
The old man guarding Hanoi's last ancient gate for 20 years
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Vietnam officially approves online schooling
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors
Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief