Vietnam students may return to schools by June 15
The Hanoitimes - If the Covid-19 epidemic situation is put under control, students could return to schools before June 15 and 12th grade students will take the National High School Exam between August 8 and 11.
If the Covid-19 pandemic situation is put under control, students in Vietnam could return to schools before June 15 and 12th grade students will take the National High School Exam between August 8 and 11, the Government Portal quoted Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Huu Do as saying.
In the worst-case scenario where students cannot return to schools before June 15, the Ministry of Education and Training already has appropriate plans Do said at a meeting on April 10.
Due to the unpredictable Covid-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Education and Training had rescheduled the events for the 2019-2020 school year. Accordingly, the 2019 -2020 academic year will end before July 15, the college and university admission will take place in the same frame as in the previous years. Thus, the next academic year of 2020-2021 will start on September 5, 2020 as usual.
Besides, the education ministry has asked chairpersons of provincial people's committee to decide on the class resumption date based on the actual pandemic situation in their localities.
According to Deputy Minister Nguyen Huu Do, during the time of forced school break, the ministry has streamlined the second semester curricula of the 2019-2020 school year. Reference materials related to the National High School Exam 2020 have also been issued, in line with the contents which have been streamlined.
The Ministry of Education and Training has also instructed schools to teach via the Internet and television to regularly assess students' academic results.
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Fulbright University Vietnam receives USAID grant worth US$4.65 million
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Hanoi: Int'l schools prioritize students' well-being in Covid-19 fight
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia's top 500
- First Vietnamese professor wins European Mathematical prize
- No need for students to wear anti-drop masks: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi mayor requires strict compliance of Covid-19 prevention protocol at school
- Vietnamese student wins Global Citizenship Student Award 2020
- Vietnam to hold national exam as Covid-19 is contained
Vietnam protests China's military exercises in South China Sea
Seismic surveys in Vietnam EEZ must be authorized by Hanoi: Spokesperson
Hanoi – safe investment destination post Covid-19
Hanoi committed to supporting businesses to overcome Covid-19 crisis: Mayor
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget