Vietnam students may return to schools by June 15
If the Covid-19 epidemic situation is put under control, students could return to schools before June 15 and 12th grade students will take the National High School Exam between August 8 and 11.
If the Covid-19 pandemic situation is put under control, students in Vietnam could return to schools before June 15 and 12th grade students will take the National High School Exam between August 8 and 11, the Government Portal quoted Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Huu Do as saying.
In the worst-case scenario where students cannot return to schools before June 15, the Ministry of Education and Training already has appropriate plans Do said at a meeting on April 10.
Due to the unpredictable Covid-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Education and Training had rescheduled the events for the 2019-2020 school year. Accordingly, the 2019 -2020 academic year will end before July 15, the college and university admission will take place in the same frame as in the previous years. Thus, the next academic year of 2020-2021 will start on September 5, 2020 as usual.
Besides, the education ministry has asked chairpersons of provincial people's committee to decide on the class resumption date based on the actual pandemic situation in their localities.
According to Deputy Minister Nguyen Huu Do, during the time of forced school break, the ministry has streamlined the second semester curricula of the 2019-2020 school year. Reference materials related to the National High School Exam 2020 have also been issued, in line with the contents which have been streamlined.
The Ministry of Education and Training has also instructed schools to teach via the Internet and television to regularly assess students' academic results.
- Vietnamese universities enter top 1,000 of QS global rankings
- Three Vietnamese universities break into THE’s Asia University Rankings 2021
- Vietnamese team bag six medals at 14th Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiad
- Hanoi students bag gold medals at Asian Physics Olympiad
- Vietnam to double-check all quarantined incoming people
- Vietnam maps out scenarios against Covid-19 for national high school exam
- Numerous Vietnamese students begin stay home over latest Covid-19 outbreak
- Hack4Growth 2021 kicks off in Australia
- Vietnamese grandmaster qualified for international chess tournament
- Three Hanoi universities break into THE Impact Rankings
Expats show positive sentiment on fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam
EU expects to build university in Hanoi
Successful general election demonstrates people’s solidarity: Hanoi Party chief
Hanoi’s specialty: Westlake Lotus Tea
15th ADMM commits to peace and stability in South China Sea
First English-Vietnamese bilingual books introduced in the US
Hanoians visit market early for Doan Ngo Festival’s food
Hanoi seeks ideas for cultural industry development
National cultural heritage photography contest debuts