Vietnam Expo 2018 to be held in Hanoi
The opening of a national booth of Cuba at Vietnam Expo 2018, to be held in Hanoi from April 11-14, will be a good chance for Vietnamese and Cuban businesses to facilitate their partnership and tap into the economic cooperation potential between the two countries.
Visitors at the Vietnam Expo 2017. Photo: vietnamexpo.com.vn
According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnam is among the top 10 trade partners of Cuba, and the second most important Asian partner of the Caribbean country.
Vietnam’s most popular product in Cuba include farm produce, garment, consumer goods and telecommunication products, while Cuba’s strengths include education, health care and construction.
Last year, trade revenue between Vietnam and Cuba reached 224.3 million USD, with Vietnam’s exports valued at 217 million USD and imports 7.3 million USD. The two sides are striving for the target of 500 million USD in trade in 2022.
Cuba is the gateway for Vietnam to access the Latin American market, while Vietnam offers the path for Cuban firms to approach Asian countries.
Cuba is now a promising market for Vietnamese firms in tourism, agriculture, telecommunications, consumer goods, footwear and garment-textile.
During the recent visit to Cuba of Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, Vietnam’s Viglacera Corporation received a licence to develop an industrial park in Cuba’s Mariel Special Economic Management Zone.
In recent years, Cuban businesses have become more active in Vietnam thanks to dynamic and open foreign policies of Vietnam.
- Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
- US hails Hanoi’s push for eco-friendly public transports
- Vietnam’s largest waste-to-power plant to begin operation from Jan. 20
- Hanoi plans to build 44 million square meters of housing in 2021-2025
- Hanoi's housing market set to heat up in 2022
- Hanoi's students may return to school after Tet holiday
- Hanoi allocates 1,200 hectares for 5 new industrial parks in 2021-2025
- Hanoi requests to vacate six degraded condominiums
- Hanoi’s first metro line offcially inaugurated
- Hanoi promotes vaccination for homebound vulnerable people
US hails Hanoi’s push for eco-friendly public transports
Smoother transactions at Vietnam-China border, Hanoi says
Vietnam's tourism to be fully restored by April 30
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Vietnam expected to be ASEAN’s fastest-growing economy in 2022: ADB
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty
Grand old peach trees grace Hanoi’s streets
Culinary film festival to open virtually in Vietnam