Vietnam faces internet security risks
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam has been deemed one of the most unsecure and dangerous destinations for internet security following an audit of over one million computers listed in the global botnet.
Dr. Vu Quoc Khanh, Vietnam Computer Emergency Response Team (VNCERT) Director, said 1,428 hacked cases were reported in the first nine months of 2013, higher than last year’s total figure.
On average, computers in Vietnam deliver more than 3.33 million spams daily, he said.
Bach Khoa Internetwork Security Centre (BKAV), a leading internet security firm, warns that cell-phone viruses can affect computers. Internet users should be aware of new ways of hacking via laptops and mobile phones, BKAV suggests.
A special event named “Vietnam Information Safety Day” will be launched in Ho Chi Minh City on November 14 and Hanoi on November 21.
A host of activities will take place during the event, including a seminar and an exhibition on information safety and security in a modern society.
- Vietnamese people asked to install app for Covid-19 contact tracing
- Vietnamese students invent coronavirus-proof hat
- Australia helps Vietnam apply AI for post Covid-19 economic recovery
- Vietnam's IT recruitment demand drops in H2 2020: TopDev
- Vietnam service providers to dominate domestic cloud market
- UAE to launch weather satellite to Mars on July 15
- Vietnam suffers fewer cyber attacks in H1
- Viet Solutions contest encourages application of Vietnam digital technology
- Soviet-era Tropical Center in Vietnam plays vital role in scientific research
- Vietnam to have new high-performance submarine data cable
Now is golden time for Vietnam to stamp out Covid-19: Experts
Hanoi boosts development of craft villages
Vietnamese people asked to install app for Covid-19 contact tracing
Vietnam to avoid nationwide social distancing: Deputy PM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors