“Vietnam - Go there to experience” to kick off for domestic travelers
The Hanoitimes - The tourism authority will implement stimulus programs for domestic tourism in 2020 which are expected to help the industry recover.
A new stimulus program titled ‘Vietnam – Go there to experience’ will be launched soon, Mr. Nguyen Trung Khanh, Director General of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) told a recent event in Ho Chi Minh City.
|Hoi An ancient town. Photo: Vu Minh Quan|
At the "Meet the Experts" event last week, Khanh said that since March, inbound tourism has come to a standstill and only foreign professionals and investors have been allowed to enter for business purposes and to seek cooperation opportunities in the country.
Thanks to the launching of series of campaigns such as "Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam" and “Vietnam tourism - a Safe and Attractive Destination”, the sector achieved impressive results from May to July, with the number of domestic tourists growing by about 20% over the same period in 2019, Mr. Khanh added.
Currently, the VNAT is continuing to roll out stimulus programs for domestic tourism in the last months of 2020 which are expected to help the local industry to recover soon.
He also underlined that tourism has always been identified as an important economic sector in Vietnam. In 2019, the sector catered to more than 18 million international and 85 million domestic visitors. Tourism created about 4 million jobs and contributed US$32.8 billion to the national economy, equivalent to 9.2% of GDP.
- Hanoi to host Charming Autumn program to stimulate domestic tourism
- “Vietnam - Go there to experience” to kick off for domestic travelers
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
French experts to arrive in Hanoi soon for metro safety evaluation
Sweden willing to support Vietnam to embrace Industry 4.0: Ambassador
Hanoi proposes solutions for replacing plastic ware
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam