Vietnam gov’t okays airport near Fansipan Mountain
The Hanoitimes - The construction will cost an estimated VND5,903 billion (US$255 million), of which VND3,088 billion (US$133 million) will be sourced from the state.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Transport has recently approved a plan to construct the northern highlands airport in Sapa with the capacity of handling 3 million passengers annually, Zing News reported.
|The airport will be located in Cam Con commune, Bao Yen district of Lao Cai province, home to the Fansipan peak. Illustrative photo.|
Accordingly, the airport will be located in Cam Con commune, Bao Yen district of Lao Cai province, home to the Fansipan peak.
According to the plan, the 371-hectare airport is categorized 4C level, able to serve aircraft like narrow-body Airbus A320 or Boeing 737 with nine aircraft parking lots. The airport will be used for both civilian and military purposes.
The construction will cost an estimated VND5,903 billion (US$255 million), of which VND3,088 billion (US$133 million) will be sourced from the state.
Items such as the civil aviation area, aviation fuel depot costing about VND1,772 billion (US$76 million) will be built under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) format.
Construction is expected to begin this year and will be completed in 2021.
Sa Pa Airport will become the 23rd airport in Vietnam, 10 of which operate international flights.
The airport is expected to become an impetus to promote socio-economy in Sapa and Lao Cai.
Lao Cai welcomed 4.2 million visitors last year, up 20% from 2017. 720,000 of them were international tourists.
- Vietnam accelerates implementation of four major ODA transportation projects
- Runway upgrade at Vietnam's 2 busiest airports must be finished before year-end
- Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
- Vietnam to finalize legal framework for smart city model
- Vietnam ODA disbursement meets 32% of targets in 9 months
- Disbursement of Vietnam public funds meets 57% of target in Jan-Sept
- Vietnam starts building 3 national expressway sub-projects worth US$1.6 billion
- Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
- Vietnam PM seeks ADB cooperation in disbursing US$900 million in 2020
- Vietnam PM warns of punishment for sluggish public investment
Hanoi's economic growth set to reach 3.94% this year
Visiting Hanoi’s Van Phuc - oldest silk village in Vietnam
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Thuy Ta ice-cream, one of Hanoi’s peculiar culinary features
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam