Vietnam jumps five places on global internet speeds ranking
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam's internet service providers increased broadband download speeds to satisfy consumers’ increasing demands during the social distancing period.
Vietnam ranked 59th worldwide in terms of average fixed broadband download speeds, at 47.66 Mbps during April 2020, jumping five places month-on-month, Zing.vn cited Ookla, a global leader in testing applications and technology.
The country also ranked 49th in the world for average mobile connection speed of 34.8 Mbps, higher than the world's average speed of 30.89 Mbps.
|Mobile and broadband Internet access speed in Vietnam in April 2020. Photo: Ookla|
Also in April, local internet service providers increased broadband download speeds for different internet packages to satisfy consumers’ demands while during the social distancing campaign to fight Covid-19.
However, users faced difficulties accessing internet in rush hours or when accessing international services such as YouTube, Facebook or Netflix, Zingnews reported.
From early April until now, many undersea cable lines have had troubles, affecting international Internet access. They have been repaired already, according to Zingnews.
Currently, APG undersea cable is in trouble. The partners will have to troubleshoot on both S1.7 and S9 cable branches which link Vietnam with Singapore for full recovery.
According to the initial announcement, the APG cable line would be repaired on June 11, but the schedule has been delayed because the cable repair ship had to apply for permission to enter Malaysian waters to find the cable break point, the time for applying for a license may takes two or three weeks.
- Vietnamese private enterprises’ participation in e-government should be encouraged
- Vietnam speeds up production of Covid-19 vaccine
- Google share in Vietnam search market hits low on competition from Coc Coc
- International experts appreciate Vietnam’s high ranking in GII 2020
- A Vietnamese scientist develops treatment drug for Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
- Vietnamese students’ coronavirus-proof helmet wins top-10 award
- Vietnam innovation improves in three consecutive years
- Vingroup launches its new smartphone designed by Vietnamese team
- Joining FTAs, Vietnam strengthens intellectual property protection
Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
Vietnam to push for trade and industrial cooperation with American partners
Vietnam uses locally-made test kits for incoming guests
Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread