Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
More than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated in support of the fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications on March 19 launched a donation campaign to support the combat against the Covid-19 pandemic by sending SMS messages, VnExpress reported.
People can compose messages in the syntax "CV n" and send to 1407, "n" is the factor multiplied by VND20,000 (US$0.85) which is the value of each message (n ranges from 1 to 100).
Telecom carriers are requested to send text messages encouraging people to donate via number 1407.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said as the world is fighting the disease, Vietnam has been internationally recognized for its efforts to control the pandemic, Hung said.
He stressed that the launch aims to raise funds to support the fight against Covid-19 and contribute to minimizing socio-economic damage.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man, as of March 19, more than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated.
"With the strength of national unity, we will win the fight against the pandemic," Man said.
The donation campaign lasts until June 18.
- "Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
- Vietnam evacuates some 250,000 residents as storm Kompasu nears
- Girls Takeover – efforts to break negative gender cycle
- Storm Lionrock forecast to dump rains in Vietnam’s north-central region
- Needy students to get loan for buying computers
- Vietnam to plant 20,000 hectares of forest in response to climate change
- Vietnam makes effort to rehabilitate its labor market
- Vietnam records increasing child obesity in big cities
- World Bank and Japan support community-based care for elderly in Vietnam
- Vietnam expects to end deaths from rabies by 2030
Hanoi tourism adapts to new situation
Vietnam regains its position as most ideal investment location: foreign expert
Hanoi is once again Covid-19-free zone
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam
Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
Live Fully in Viet Nam campaign to kick-off inbound tourism
Vietnam – example in telecom infrastructure development: ITU