Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
The Hanoitimes - More than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated in support of the fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications on March 19 launched a donation campaign to support the combat against the Covid-19 pandemic by sending SMS messages, VnExpress reported.
People can compose messages in the syntax "CV n" and send to 1407, "n" is the factor multiplied by VND20,000 (US$0.85) which is the value of each message (n ranges from 1 to 100).
Telecom carriers are requested to send text messages encouraging people to donate via number 1407.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said as the world is fighting the disease, Vietnam has been internationally recognized for its efforts to control the pandemic, Hung said.
He stressed that the launch aims to raise funds to support the fight against Covid-19 and contribute to minimizing socio-economic damage.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man, as of March 19, more than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated.
"With the strength of national unity, we will win the fight against the pandemic," Man said.
The donation campaign lasts until June 18.
- Vietnam sees rising number of Covid-19 suspected people
- ILO to support Vietnam to minimize impacts of Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
- BRG Group, SeABank donates VND5 billion to nation’s “fight Covid” campaign
- Vietnam coronavirus song goes viral worldwide
- A Japanese passenger on Vietnam Airlines flight tests positive with Covid-19
- How has Covid-19 impacted Vietnamese living and consumption habits?
- Vietnam to universalize cheap smartphones to boost e-government
- Last Covid-19 patient in Vietnam tests negative for second time
- US man charged of child sex tourism in Vietnam
Vietnam rejects Beijing’s South China Sea claims at United Nations
Vietnam donates half million face masks to five European countries crippled by Covid-19
Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing