Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
The Hanoitimes - More than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated in support of the fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications on March 19 launched a donation campaign to support the combat against the Covid-19 pandemic by sending SMS messages, VnExpress reported.
People can compose messages in the syntax "CV n" and send to 1407, "n" is the factor multiplied by VND20,000 (US$0.85) which is the value of each message (n ranges from 1 to 100).
Telecom carriers are requested to send text messages encouraging people to donate via number 1407.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said as the world is fighting the disease, Vietnam has been internationally recognized for its efforts to control the pandemic, Hung said.
He stressed that the launch aims to raise funds to support the fight against Covid-19 and contribute to minimizing socio-economic damage.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man, as of March 19, more than VND300 billion (US$12.8 million) has been donated.
"With the strength of national unity, we will win the fight against the pandemic," Man said.
The donation campaign lasts until June 18.
- Kazakhstan puts Covid-19 situation under control
- Another Vietnamese geopark recognized by UNESCO
- Recruitment demand in Vietnam drops 20% q/q in Q2 on Covid-19: Survey
- Vietnam starts collecting traffic fines online
- Vietnam: Nearly 8 million workers lose jobs or on furlough on Covid-19
- US ambassador announces completion of project to preserve UNESCO heritage site Ho Citadel
- Hanoi timely delivers aids to 385.4 thousand people hit by Covid-19
- Nearly 89% of Vietnam population covered by health insurance
- “Yoga from home”- celebrations of 6th Int’l Day of Yoga amid Covid-19
- UAE aids global efforts against Covid-19 pandemic
With Hoa Lac High-tech Park, Hanoi aims to be a sci-tech hub
July 14: Vietnam goes 88 days without local coronavirus infections
Vietnam may operate repatriation flights for Vietnamese students in US
Former President Clinton ‘grateful’ for 25 years of Vietnam-US partnership
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget