Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Vietnam has been ranked 42nd for the second straight year out of 131 world economies in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020 rankings, VnExpress reported, citing the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)’s list released on September 2.
|A student is in science class. Photo: HM|
Accordingly, Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Furthermore, Vietnam has been also listed among the top 50 economies that have witnessed remarkable progress in the GII rankings in recent years.
In 2019, Vietnam reached the 42th post among 129 economies, which climbed three positions compared to 2018. This was the highest rank that Vietnam had ever achieved.
In a recent speech, Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh said that the Vietnamese government considers innovation as a new field in state management, a new pillar in socio-economic development and for the first time, the innovation index becomes a criterion to measure efficiency of the annual business environment and national competitiveness.
The Global Innovation Index is a set of tools to evaluate the innovation capacity of nations in the worl, implemented by WIPO in collaboration with INSEAD Institute, France and Cornell University (the US).
This year has seen Switzerland top the GII 2020 rankings, marking the 10th consecutive year that the Central European nation has led the list, followed by Sweden and the US.
- Vietnam tests internet speed measuring app in foreign countries
- More than 97,000 network accounts in Vietnam compromised since early 2021
- Australia funds US$1 million for Vietnam’s digital transformation projects
- Vietnamese SMEs need to improve innovation capacity for digital transformation
- Austrian Research Center to partner with Vietnam in developing sustainable biotechnology
- Vietnam and Australia seek to boost fintech
- Vietnam-Australia artificial intelligence cooperation network launched
- Facebook and VIA launch Instagram Academy
- Vietnam Open Innovation Landscape Report released this December
- Hanoi accelerates tech solutions to stamp out Covid-19
Covid-hit orphans in Vietnam: stakeholders seek optimum solutions
Vietnam to gradually reopen tourism
Domestic automakers expected to enjoy excise tax payment extension
WB downgrades Vietnam's economic growth forecast due to Covid-19 outbreak
Today’s Covid News: Germany donates 2.6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam
Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine
Hanoi seeks further support from Russia in vaccine supplies
Aerial view of traditional soya sauce wins International Photo Award
The winning artworks of “Ha Noi is…” Illustration Contest announced