Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Vietnam has been ranked 42nd for the second straight year out of 131 world economies in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020 rankings, VnExpress reported, citing the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)’s list released on September 2.
|A student is in science class. Photo: HM|
Accordingly, Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Furthermore, Vietnam has been also listed among the top 50 economies that have witnessed remarkable progress in the GII rankings in recent years.
In 2019, Vietnam reached the 42th post among 129 economies, which climbed three positions compared to 2018. This was the highest rank that Vietnam had ever achieved.
In a recent speech, Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh said that the Vietnamese government considers innovation as a new field in state management, a new pillar in socio-economic development and for the first time, the innovation index becomes a criterion to measure efficiency of the annual business environment and national competitiveness.
The Global Innovation Index is a set of tools to evaluate the innovation capacity of nations in the worl, implemented by WIPO in collaboration with INSEAD Institute, France and Cornell University (the US).
This year has seen Switzerland top the GII 2020 rankings, marking the 10th consecutive year that the Central European nation has led the list, followed by Sweden and the US.
- Vietnam-made satellite passes final quality test in Japan before launch
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day to take place in late May in Hanoi
- Cyber-attacks in Vietnam drop 20% in first quarter of 2021
- Vietnam inaugurates first AI research center in Hanoi
- Information ministry targets 30,000 enterprises to use digital platforms every year
- Vietnam Digital Awards 2021 honors homemade technology products
- Made-in-Vietnam AI system detects human face in a second
- Mobile phone users protected from spam calls
- Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
- Cybersecurity in Vietnam sees positive changes in 2020
The old man guarding Hanoi's last ancient gate for 20 years
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Vietnam officially approves online schooling
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors
Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief