Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Vietnam has been ranked 42nd for the second straight year out of 131 world economies in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020 rankings, VnExpress reported, citing the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)’s list released on September 2.
|A student is in science class. Photo: HM|
Accordingly, Vietnam is among the 10 best-ranked economies in terms of income group, and leads the group of lower-middle income economies, made up of 29 countries.
Furthermore, Vietnam has been also listed among the top 50 economies that have witnessed remarkable progress in the GII rankings in recent years.
In 2019, Vietnam reached the 42th post among 129 economies, which climbed three positions compared to 2018. This was the highest rank that Vietnam had ever achieved.
In a recent speech, Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh said that the Vietnamese government considers innovation as a new field in state management, a new pillar in socio-economic development and for the first time, the innovation index becomes a criterion to measure efficiency of the annual business environment and national competitiveness.
The Global Innovation Index is a set of tools to evaluate the innovation capacity of nations in the worl, implemented by WIPO in collaboration with INSEAD Institute, France and Cornell University (the US).
This year has seen Switzerland top the GII 2020 rankings, marking the 10th consecutive year that the Central European nation has led the list, followed by Sweden and the US.
- Made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 vaccine to be tested on humans next year
- ITAP – essential in ASEAN manufacturing: SingEx
- Vietnam vulnerable to foreign cyber-attacks
- Vietnamese private enterprises’ participation in e-government should be encouraged
- Vietnam speeds up production of Covid-19 vaccine
- Google share in Vietnam search market hits low on competition from Coc Coc
- International experts appreciate Vietnam’s high ranking in GII 2020
- A Vietnamese scientist develops treatment drug for Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
- Vietnamese students’ coronavirus-proof helmet wins top-10 award
Hanoi enforces face mask wearing regulation in public places: Mayor
Hanoi urged to complete construction of waste-to-energy plant soon
Hanoi's second metro project progresses on schedule
Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam