Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
The Hanoitimes - While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed.
Vietnam requires an estimated US$111.1 billion investment in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, in which the private sector can contribute US$45.8 billion, according to Standard Chartered Opportunity2030 Report.
| Illustrative photo|
While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed, especially in SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation and SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, said Nirukt Sapru, CEO Vietnam and ASEAN & South Asia Cluster Markets, Standard Chartered Bank.
“Leveraging on our global capabilities and local insights, we will continue to act as a catalyst for the acceleration of SDGs in the country through the provision of meaningful sustainable finance,” Sapru noted.
Standard Chartered on February 26 announced business targets for supporting its clients as they transition to a low- carbon economy. By the end of 2024, the bank commits to provide US$75 billion towards SDG project financing, including US$40 billion for infrastructure that promotes sustainable development, and US$35 billion for renewables and clean tech projects.
- Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
- Vietnam remains attractive to PE funds in 2020 despite Covid-19
- EVFTA spices up German healthcare companies’ appetite for Vietnam
- Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
- FDI inflow to Vietnam sees good year ahead
- EVFTA to trigger high-quality FDI flows into Vietnam: AHK
- Vietnam SDGs offer US$46 billion opportunity for private investors: StanChart
- Vietnamese infrastructure policy earns investors’ thumbs-up
- S.Korea’s SK Group sets up US$860-million investment fund in Vietnam
- Vietnam remains top destination for cross-border investment: Survey
Vietnam rejects Beijing’s South China Sea claims at United Nations
Vietnam donates half million face masks to five European countries crippled by Covid-19
Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing