Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
The Hanoitimes - While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed.
Vietnam requires an estimated US$111.1 billion investment in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, in which the private sector can contribute US$45.8 billion, according to Standard Chartered Opportunity2030 Report.
| Illustrative photo|
While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed, especially in SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation and SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, said Nirukt Sapru, CEO Vietnam and ASEAN & South Asia Cluster Markets, Standard Chartered Bank.
“Leveraging on our global capabilities and local insights, we will continue to act as a catalyst for the acceleration of SDGs in the country through the provision of meaningful sustainable finance,” Sapru noted.
Standard Chartered on February 26 announced business targets for supporting its clients as they transition to a low- carbon economy. By the end of 2024, the bank commits to provide US$75 billion towards SDG project financing, including US$40 billion for infrastructure that promotes sustainable development, and US$35 billion for renewables and clean tech projects.
- European pharma group suggests Vietnam lead R&D hub in region
- Vietnam's reforms to unlock potential of EVFTA: EuroCham
- ExxonMobil to soon expand investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam listed preferred partner in US supply chains
- Vietnam’s North-South Expressway project gets fresh air
- Foreign investors remain interested in Vietnam insurance market
- German companies hesitate to invest in Vietnam on Covid-19: Survey
- Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
- Vietnam remains attractive to PE funds in 2020 despite Covid-19
- EVFTA spices up German healthcare companies’ appetite for Vietnam
“Extraordinary progress of the US-Vietnam relationship is not an accident”: Ambassador Kritenbrink
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam economy not fully reflected in 6-month data: CIEM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget