Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed.
Vietnam requires an estimated US$111.1 billion investment in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, in which the private sector can contribute US$45.8 billion, according to Standard Chartered Opportunity2030 Report.
| Illustrative photo|
While Vietnam is making good progress in the implementation of SDGs, significant investments are needed, especially in SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation and SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, said Nirukt Sapru, CEO Vietnam and ASEAN & South Asia Cluster Markets, Standard Chartered Bank.
“Leveraging on our global capabilities and local insights, we will continue to act as a catalyst for the acceleration of SDGs in the country through the provision of meaningful sustainable finance,” Sapru noted.
Standard Chartered on February 26 announced business targets for supporting its clients as they transition to a low- carbon economy. By the end of 2024, the bank commits to provide US$75 billion towards SDG project financing, including US$40 billion for infrastructure that promotes sustainable development, and US$35 billion for renewables and clean tech projects.
- Gov’t needs to focus support on high potential firms: Expert
- Vietnam and Switzerland to promote economic cooperation
- Vietnam set to emerge as major startup ecosystem in SEA by 2022
- Vietnam named first time among world’s top 20 host economies for FDI
- European businesses remain confident about Vietnam’s long-term prospects
- Vietnam - top destinations for ASEAN companies looking for growth opportunities
- Vietnam sees rising number of large-scale FDI projects in H1
- Australia boosts economic opportunities with Vietnam
- Vietnam to become ideal investment environment for European investors
- Vietnam catches investors’ eye in data center property
Vietnam welcomes US-Mekong relations for sustainable development
China pledges more Covid-19 vaccines for ASEAN
ASEAN-Japan accelerate cooperation in Covid-19 response
Today’s Covid News: Ho Chi Minh City coronavirus infections surpass 100,000
UK donated Covid-19 vaccine arrives in Vietnam
Vietnam textile industry struggles to keep market share
First batch of Vietnamese frozen dracontomelon fruit exported to Australia
US Vice-President Kamala Harris to visit Vietnam next month
Hanoi restaurants win 2021 TripAdvisor’s Awards