Vietnam nominates 1,076 candidates for next term lawmakers
Nominees for the full time candidacy must be deputy minister and higher or director of departments in localities.
Vietnam has nominated 1,076 candidates for the National Assembly’s deputies in the 15th tenure (2021-2026 term).
|Lawmakers at a National Assembly's session. Photo: Xuan Ninh/Baoquangninh|
The nomination, which was made at the first consultation meeting concluded on February 17, is aimed to select 500 lawmakers, the Vietnam Fatherland Front said at a meeting on February 25.
The lawmakers will represent central bodies and 63 localities nationwide. The universal suffrage is planned to open on May 23, 2021.
Nominees for the full time candidacy must be those holding the post of deputy minister and higher or director of departments in localities.
The average age of people who are nominated for the National Assembly (NA)’s 15th tenure and the People’s Council at all levels for the 2021-2026 term is 55 for men and 50 for women.
Under the law, the NA’s Standing Committee allocates the quota of deputies for each city and province, in which, each city and province elects three delegates who live and work in the locality. The additional number of delegates will be set basing on the population and characteristics of each place.
A National Assembly deputy takes part in adopting the Constitution and laws, deciding domestic and external policies, national defense and security, fundamental principles of organization and activities of the State apparatus.
During the sessions, deputies have to attend all sittings and have rights to discuss and decide the program of the session, to present draft laws and vote on the adoption of bills and resolutions, to question the State President, the NA’s chairperson, the Prime Minister, other members of the Government, the President of the Supreme People’s Court, the Procurator General, and to take part in voting.
- Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
- Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Brunei seek further comprehensive partnership
- Vietnam President vows to support ASEAN Community Vision 2025
- Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
- Shipbuilding: Iconic India-Vietnam defense partnership
- Daniel Kritenbrink awarded medal for contributions to Vietnam-US relations
- New government expected to address existing issues
- ASEAN and partners’ defense officials prepare for joint statement
- Vietnam-US relations definitely go further: Daniel Kritenbrink
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors