Vietnam: One more Covid-19 patient dies, death toll reaches 10
The Hanoitimes - The fatality is Patient No.718, a 67-year-old woman with already deteriorating health condition.
Another Covid-19 patient has died in the pandemic epicenter of Danang, taking Vietnam’s death toll to ten, the Ministry of Health reported on August 6.
|All Covid-19 victims had serious chronic illnesses. Photo: Zing|
The latest victim is Patient No.718, a 67-year-old woman. She died on August 6 afternoon, becoming Vietnam’s second Covid-19 fatality of the day. The patient had a history of multiple malignant cytoma, type 2 diabetes, and blood sepsis.
She was taken to Danang Hospital on August 3 and was immediately quarantined as a suspected Covid-19 case.
A breathing tube was inserted and her blood was artificially filtered continuously starting August 4.
Test result of the Danang Center for Disease Control on August 8 showed that the patient was positive with SARS-CoV-2.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, several Covid-19 patients are now in critical condition and have high mortality risk due to advanced age and underlying illnesses.
On July 31, Patient No.428, a 70-year-old man from Quang Nam province with heart disease and kidney failure became the first Covid-19 casualty in Vietnam.
Covid-19 in Vietnam has so far been deadlier in the 53-86 age group and all the patients had been suffering long-standing comorbidities including heart failure, cancer, hypertension and diabetes.
At the time of writing, Vietnam has reported 718 Covid-19 cases, 327 of them are active.
- Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
- Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
- ASEAN commits to further military cooperation amid security uncertainties
- UN must be truly cohesive and inclusive: Vietnam president
- First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
- Vietnam, US hold 11th Political, Security and Defense Dialogue
- Vietnam PM agrees to reopen air routes to Thailand
- Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
- Vietnam willing to share experience with UK on CPTPP accession
- Vietnam airlines to relaunch int'l flights from September 18
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread