Vietnam operates 2nd flight to repatriate citizens from Canada
The Hanoitimes - So far, nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens have been repatriated from Canada.
Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier, on May 9 operated a flight to repatriate nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens from Canada, the second of its kind from the North American country over the past 10 days.
|Passengers landed at Van Don International Airport on May 9. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
With this flight, Vietnam Airlines has brought home nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens from Canada.
The second flight, VN9, from Vancouver to Van Don airport in northern Vietnam brought back people who are children under 18, the elderly, the sick, and students whose dormitories shut down.
All passengers have been quarantined after they landed in Vietnam as required by regulations on pandemic prevention and control.
On the way from Hanoi to Vancouver on May 8, Vietnam Airlines flew back a number of Canadian citizens.
According to Vietnam Airlines, a group of nearly 30 crew members served the return flight of nearly 20,000 km.
Earlier on April 30, nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens were repatriated on a flight from Toronto.
Vietnam Airlines has been carrying out a number of repatriation flights as requested by the government of Vietnam amid the global lockdown.
So far, it has repatriated more than 2,000 citizens from the UK, Japan, US, Canada, UAE, France, Spain, Russia, Thailand, and Indonesia, among others.
- SEA of Solutions: Internationally systematic approaches to marine pollution
- JICA helps Vietnam sustain natural resource management
- Vietnam targets mutual benefits in relations with China: PM
- How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
- Vietnam among most resilient economies in Covid-19
- JICA intensifies assistance to Vietnam in fight against Covid-19
- O’Brien visit to Vietnam, Philippines shows US commitment in South China Sea
- US, Vietnam share deep commitment to rules-based principles: O’Brien
- Trade plays central role in Vietnam-US relations: PM Phuc
- O’Brien meets with Vietnamese government leaders in Hanoi
Hanoi's economic growth set to reach 3.94% this year
Visiting Hanoi’s Van Phuc - oldest silk village in Vietnam
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Thuy Ta ice-cream, one of Hanoi’s peculiar culinary features
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam