Vietnam operates 2nd flight to repatriate citizens from Canada
The Hanoitimes - So far, nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens have been repatriated from Canada.
Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier, on May 9 operated a flight to repatriate nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens from Canada, the second of its kind from the North American country over the past 10 days.
|Passengers landed at Van Don International Airport on May 9. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
With this flight, Vietnam Airlines has brought home nearly 600 Vietnamese citizens from Canada.
The second flight, VN9, from Vancouver to Van Don airport in northern Vietnam brought back people who are children under 18, the elderly, the sick, and students whose dormitories shut down.
All passengers have been quarantined after they landed in Vietnam as required by regulations on pandemic prevention and control.
On the way from Hanoi to Vancouver on May 8, Vietnam Airlines flew back a number of Canadian citizens.
According to Vietnam Airlines, a group of nearly 30 crew members served the return flight of nearly 20,000 km.
Earlier on April 30, nearly 300 Vietnamese citizens were repatriated on a flight from Toronto.
Vietnam Airlines has been carrying out a number of repatriation flights as requested by the government of Vietnam amid the global lockdown.
So far, it has repatriated more than 2,000 citizens from the UK, Japan, US, Canada, UAE, France, Spain, Russia, Thailand, and Indonesia, among others.
- Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
- ASEAN commits to further military cooperation amid security uncertainties
- UN must be truly cohesive and inclusive: Vietnam president
- First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
- Vietnam, US hold 11th Political, Security and Defense Dialogue
- Vietnam PM agrees to reopen air routes to Thailand
- Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
- Vietnam willing to share experience with UK on CPTPP accession
- Vietnam airlines to relaunch int'l flights from September 18
- Vietnam announces Covid-19 quarantine fees for visitors
Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
Vietnam to push for trade and industrial cooperation with American partners
Vietnam uses locally-made test kits for incoming guests
Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread