National Assembly to decide candidate structure for next term
The Hanoitimes - The Vietnam National Assembly agenda will cover a number of issues, typically candidate structure for the 2021-26 term.
Vietnam’s National Assembly (NA), the highest legislative body, will make decision on the procedures of nominating candidates for the NA’s 15th tenure and the People’s Council at all levels for 2021-26.
|The 51nd session by the NA’s Standing Committee. Photo: Quochoi|
This will be included on the agenda of the 52nd session by the NA’s Standing Committee which takes place in Hanoi on January 11-12.
At the session, the committee is scheduled to ratify two resolutions, including one on the expected number and structure of candidates; and on the organization of voter meetings and the introduction of candidates for the election at grassroots levels.
In addition, the Standing Committee will give comments on draft working reports of the State President, the Supreme People’s Court, the Supreme People’s Procuracy, and the State Audit of Vietnam.
The deputies will also focus discussion on the change in investment models for several components of the North-South Expressway for the 2017-20; financial mechanism for Vietnam Oil and Gas Group at Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical LLC; reports by Prosecutor General of the Supreme People’s Procuracy; and giving ideas for the application of an article in Law on Public Procurement.
- The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
- Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
- Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
- Vietnam army active in any contingency: Officer
- Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
- UNDP takes action to end plastic pollution in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam needs US$35b for climate resilience in next 10 years: PM
- What did Communist Party of Vietnam discuss in previous congress?
- Highlights of Party Chief speech at National Congress
- 13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
Vietnam c.bank stands firm on keeping macro-economic stability
Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
Vietnam to launch secondary market for corporate bonds this year
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility