Vietnam has plans if Covid-19 epidemic spreads: Official
Covid-19 epidemic prevention and control in Vietnam has gained initial success and is appreciated by international organizations.
If Covid-19 epidemic spreads wider to more countries, Vietnam already has plans to deal with such a scenario, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said at a press meeting on Tuesday.
|Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long speaks at the meeting. Photo: Zing|
Epidemic prevention and control in Vietnam has gained initial success and is appreciated by international organizations, Long said. In the prevention of disease, especially against Covid-19, isolation is extremely essential to avoid the transmission of the disease in the community.
He added that the scheme of four rounds of isolation has proven effective in Son Loi commune, Vinh Phuc province, which was the center of epidemic in Vietnam. So far, Son Loi has not detected any new Covid-19 cases after 21 days and its lockdown was removed on March 4.
Regarding the isolation capacity, Deputy Minister Long said that the army alone has over 60 isolation venues to temporarily house over 30,000 people.
However, the Ministry of Health has considered a plan to reduce the number of people in quarantine with medical supervision and questionnaires. Those respondents who did not go through Covid-19-stricken regions will be quarantined at home to avoid overload at isolation areas.
"Should the covid-19 epidemic spread widely in any country, we will immediately take necessary measures to avoid the propagation of the epidemic from that country to Vietnam," Deputy Minister Long stressed.
- Greece wants to be transshipment hub for Vietnam goods to EU
- Vietnam seeks UNICEF support for children-focused SDGs by 2030
- Vietnam seeks climate finance from G7
- Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
- Visitors to Vietnam no longer required Covid-19 testing
- US-ASEAN Joint Statement reaffirms comprehensive Dialogue Relations
- EU-funded program promotes women’s economic empowerment in Vietnam
- Indonesia defense minister visits Vietnam, highlighting navy cooperation
Vietnam opens doors for foreign investors in new business fields: PM
Dream of a riverside city
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington