Vietnam PM agrees extra US$2 billion in investment for Mekong Delta region
As of present, the Ministry of Planning and Investment has completed setting up a list of major projects which are vital for economic development in the Mekong Delta Region.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has agreed to provide an additional US$2 billion for the Mekong Delta Region in the coming time, according to Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung.
|Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung at the National Assembly. Photo: Nhat Bac.|
As of present, the Ministry of Planning and Investment has completed setting up a list of major projects which are vital to economic development in the Mekong Delta region, said Mr. Dung at a discussion session of the National Assembly on November 9.
According to Mr. Dung, the Ministry of Transport is set to complete national highways connecting Ca Mau – Bac Lieu – Can Tho by 2025.
In the 2021 – 2025 period, the MPI would finalize a proposal on financial support worth US$1.05 billion for provinces and cities in the Mekong Delta region, aiming to build coastal roads and other major infrastructure works in the region.
Besides, the government would consider other projects that would boost inter-provincial connectivity. Each province would get the central government’s support for one of its most significant projects for greater linkage with others.
For climate change mitigation projects, including the construction of sea dykes, the government gives high priority to using state funding for this process, which currently stands at VND4.8 trillion (US$207 million).
In addition to funds allocated from the central budget, Mr. Dung expected localities to continue using their own budgets for infrastructure projects.
The MPI is set to submit to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc regional planning for the Mekong Delta region until 2030 with a vision to 2050, which is set to be approved in early 2021.
- Bolstering Australia-Vietnam investment cooperation for mutual benefits
- Sojitz, Vinamilk to invest in $500-million beef project in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Japan sign cooperation agreements worth billions of US dollars
- Vietnamese PM calls for Japan’s support of new-generation ODA
- Vietnamese Gov’t sets up 6 task forces to accelerate public investment
- Vietnamese automaker VinFast opens US headquarters in Los Angeles
- Hanoi-based e-commerce platform raises US$22.5 million led by VNG
- Hanoi to have new airport in 2030-2050
- Vietnam-based Tiki secures $258 million in series E funding
- Vietnam calls for foreign investment in 157 projects
Lao National Assembly Chairman starts three-day visit to Vietnam
Hanoi resumes in-person classes for twelfth graders
Digital citizens stay core in push for digital society: PM
‘Designed by Vietnam 2021’ Contest crowns pandemic-inspired fashion
Samsung urged to speed up construction on R&D center
Vietjet Air to operate direct flights to Russia in mid-2022
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources
Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
Businesses recovery vital for Vietnam’s economic prospects: Expert