Vietnam PM agrees extra US$2 billion in investment for Mekong Delta region
The Hanoitimes - As of present, the Ministry of Planning and Investment has completed setting up a list of major projects which are vital for economic development in the Mekong Delta Region.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has agreed to provide an additional US$2 billion for the Mekong Delta Region in the coming time, according to Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung.
|Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung at the National Assembly. Photo: Nhat Bac.|
As of present, the Ministry of Planning and Investment has completed setting up a list of major projects which are vital to economic development in the Mekong Delta region, said Mr. Dung at a discussion session of the National Assembly on November 9.
According to Mr. Dung, the Ministry of Transport is set to complete national highways connecting Ca Mau – Bac Lieu – Can Tho by 2025.
In the 2021 – 2025 period, the MPI would finalize a proposal on financial support worth US$1.05 billion for provinces and cities in the Mekong Delta region, aiming to build coastal roads and other major infrastructure works in the region.
Besides, the government would consider other projects that would boost inter-provincial connectivity. Each province would get the central government’s support for one of its most significant projects for greater linkage with others.
For climate change mitigation projects, including the construction of sea dykes, the government gives high priority to using state funding for this process, which currently stands at VND4.8 trillion (US$207 million).
In addition to funds allocated from the central budget, Mr. Dung expected localities to continue using their own budgets for infrastructure projects.
The MPI is set to submit to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc regional planning for the Mekong Delta region until 2030 with a vision to 2050, which is set to be approved in early 2021.
- LG Electronics intends to sell off smartphone business to Vietnam's Vingroup
- Foxconn to make Macbook, Ipad in Vietnam
- Singapore’s investors seek investment opportunities in startups in Vietnam
- State-owned firms urged to preserve State capital in pandemic context
- Vietnam’s first hospital lists shares on HoSE
- Vietnam starts construction of My Thuan – Can Tho expressway
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2% to US$20 billion in 2020
- Business formations in Vietnam down 2.3% in 2020 amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam, Japan in favourable conditions to further investment, trade relations: Amb.
- Vietnam targets to have 5,000 kilometers of expressway by 2030
Hanoi completes preparation work for 13th National Party Congress
Vietnamese Americans hope better time ahead with the new US government
Exhibition "Goodbye to the Rat -Welcome to the Buffalo” celebrates Tet 2021
Vietnam – bright spot in gloomy global economic picture: ASEAN Today
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election