Prime Minister gives green lights to border gate economic zones
The Hanoitimes - Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has allowed localities to use state capital and social resources to upgrade eight border gate economic zones in the period 2021-25.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has agreed on the plan to select eight border gate economic zones as investment priorities for the 2021-25 period.
|Lao Cai International Border Gate.|
These include border gate economic zones of Mong Cai (Quang Ninh province), Dong Dang – Lang Son (Lang Son province), Lao Cai (Lao Cai province), Cao Bang (Cao Bang province), Cau Treo (Ha Tinh province), Lao Bao (Quang Tri province), Moc Bai (Tay Ninh province) and An Giang (An Giang province).
PM Phuc tasked the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) to instruct related cities and provinces in utilizing state capital and social resources to upgrade existing infrastructure system to ensure the sustainable development of border gate economic zones.
Local people’s committees are responsible for setting up investment portfolio in compliance with objectives, criteria and amount of funds allocated for public investment in the 2021-25 period.
Mr. Phuc called for greater responsibilities from local authorities in providing state and local funds to support the development of border gate economic zones, especially eight in the priority list.
Government agencies should ensure funds allocated for border gate economic zones are used for the right purpose.
- Foxconn to make Macbook, Ipad in Vietnam
- Singapore’s investors seek investment opportunities in startups in Vietnam
- State-owned firms urged to preserve State capital in pandemic context
- Vietnam’s first hospital lists shares on HoSE
- Vietnam starts construction of My Thuan – Can Tho expressway
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2% to US$20 billion in 2020
- Business formations in Vietnam down 2.3% in 2020 amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam, Japan in favourable conditions to further investment, trade relations: Amb.
- Vietnam targets to have 5,000 kilometers of expressway by 2030
- Why Vietnam’s outlook for 2021 looks bright?
Hanoi to invest at least 1% of GRDP in sci-tech by 2025
Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
Vietnam tourism develops unique, unusual tours to lure visitors in 2021
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic