Vietnam PM invited to attend "Future of Asia" conference
Regional leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era by cooperating in international issues, including overcoming the future pandemics.
Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh will attend the 26th International Conference on THE FUTURE OF ASIA to be held on May 20-21 at the invitation of President and CEO of Nikkei Inc. Tsuyoshi Hasebe.
|Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh. Photo: VGP|
The Vietnamese PM will attend the event, titled “Shaping the post-Covid era: Asia’s role in the global recovery”, that brings together many leaders in Asia, including former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad, Thai PM Prayut Chan-ocha, Pakistani PM Imran Khan, Singapore Deputy PM and Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat, and Indian Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
Held by Nikkei Inc., Japan’s largest business media group and the publisher of the Nikkei and Nikkei Asia, the conference will be streamed live from Tokyo.
At the event, Asian leaders are expected to pave the way for the post-Covid era while upholding the principles of “peace and stability” and “diversity” and cooperate on international issues, including those to overcome the future pandemics.
Experts from various fields will be invited for panel discussions on such topic as “Asia and the new US administration,” “International cooperation to fight the pandemic,” “Innovation in the Covid-19 era,” and “Cultural exchange in the Covid-19 era.”
Vietnam is among the few countries in Asia posting positive economic growth in 2020 when the pandemic swept every part of the world.
- Australia makes comfortable win against Vietnam in Melbourne
- Vietnam's PM commemorates martyrs killed in battle to defend northern border
- Germany donates Vietnam additional 4 million vaccine doses
- HSBC Vietnam commits to arranging US$12 billion to green Vietnam
- Overseas Vietnamese: an inseparable part of the nation
- Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh passes away
- Vietnam Airlines resumes scheduled flights to Europe
- Vietnam to bring to justice 10 corruption cases in 2022: General Secretary
- Vietnam, Cambodia prepare for high-ranking exchange visits in 2022
- 10 countries recognize Vietnam vaccine passports
Hanoi proposes full reopening to tourism from April 1
Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
European businesses to increase investment in Vietnam
Vietnamese President appreciates Japan’s hospital project acceleration
No delay in implementing socio-economic recovery program: Deputy PM
PM asks ministries to consider reopening of cinemas nationwide
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty