Vietnam president attends Army Party Congress
The Hanoitimes - The event will set targets for the development of the Army after 2030.
The 11th Party Congress for the 2020-2025 tenure of the Vietnam People’s Army opened today [September 28] with the presence of Secretary General of the Communist Party of Vietnam and State President Nguyen Phu Trong.
|The congress opens on September 28. Photo: Nguyen Huy|
The congress was also attended by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, National Assembly (NA) Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, Party Central Committee members, along with a number of former Party, State and NA leaders.
Mr. Trong is also Secretary of the Central Military Commission.
|Top incubent and former leaders attend the event. Photo: Nguyen Huy|
The event marks the participation of 450 delegates who represent more than 26,000 party members in the army.
|Secretary General of the Communist Party of Vietnam and State President Nguyen Phu Trong attends the congress. Photo: Nguyen Huy|
Participants review the five-year implementation of the resolution issued in the previous congress, while sketching out orientations, goals and tasks to conduct defense-military tasks and Party building in the next five years.
|Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich, Defense Minister, speaks at the congress. Photo: Nguyen Huy|
Speaking at the event, Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich, Defense Minister, said the congress will set targets for the development of the Army by 2030 which is set to become modern and powerful with the strong self-defense and militia forces.
- Vietnam’s National Assembly convenes semi-annual meeting
- Vietnam ranks higher in Asian Power Index 2020
- Vietnam plays vital role in Japan’s Indo-Pacific policy: PM Suga
- Vietnam closely watches US presidential election: Spokesperson
- Suga arrives in Hanoi in first overseas trip as Japan PM
- Vietnam gets ready to hold ASEAN Summit in mid-November: Spox
- Vietnam truly hopes for early vaccines against Covid-19: Spox
- UPDATE: Japan PM to visit Vietnam on Oct. 18-20
- Japan PM Suga’s Vietnam visit to deepen Extensive Strategic Partnership: Spox
- Transnational economic recovery to be key topic in Japan PM's Vietnam visit
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Hanoi real estate market to heat up by end-2020
Japan PM Suga makes surprise visit to Hoan Kiem lake
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread