Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
The Hanoitimes - The patient was pronounced dead at Danang Hospital for Lung Diseases due to severe pneumonia and respiratory failure caused by Covid-19.
Patient No.742, a 69-year-old resident of the central city of Danang, has died due to Covid-19-related complications on August 31, marking Vietnam's 33rd coronavirus fatality, according the Ministry of Health.
|A staff disinfects an area in Danang city. Photo: Hoang Giam|
The man was pronounced dead at Danang Hospital for Lung Diseases due to severe pneumonia and respiratory failure caused by Covid-19, septic shock complications, multiple organ failure and heart attack.
The patient also had a number of underlying health conditions, including heart problems, type-2 diabetes and chronic kidney failure, and atrial fibrillation.
Vietnam only started recording Covid-19 deaths from July 31, with the victims aged between 28 and 93. Most fatalities suffered several pre-existing health conditions like diabetes, heart failure and kidney failure.
Prof. Dr. Nguyen Gia Binh, leader of the consultation and treatment group for severely ill Covid-19 patients, said that the condition of some patients are worsening and they are at high risk of death. Doctors are trying their best to save them.
Vietnam has recorded no new cases of the disease nationwide in the last 36 hours. Since the first cases were detected back in January, 1,040 people have tested positive for coronavirus and 695 patients have made a full recovery.
- Health experts ring alarm bell on coronavirus this winter
- Vietnam's top health official urges strict vigilance against Covid-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat
- Hanoi’s 10th grader bags gold at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad 2020
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Hanoi real estate market to heat up by end-2020
Japan PM Suga makes surprise visit to Hoan Kiem lake
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread