Vietnam reports one more coronavirus infection, totaling 14
The Hanoitimes - Five of the eight Nihon Plast Company workers have been confirmed positive with the nCoV.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health has confirmed another individual infected with the new coronavirus (nCoV), taking the tally of infections in the country to 14 so far.
|An isolation area. Photo: Internet |
The new patient, a 55-year-old, is the ninth case in the northern province of Vinh Phuc and the fourth infection of this province caused by human-to-human transmission, according to VnExpress.
She got infected allegedly after visiting home of a 23-year-old neighbor, who was one of the eight workers sent by Japan’s Nihon Plast Company to the Chinese city of Wuhan for training. They returned to Vietnam together on a January 17 flight.
The latest patient showed symptoms such as fever, headache and running nose on February 4. She is now in quarantine and stable health condition.
Five of the eight Nihon Plast Company workers have been confirmed positive with the nCoV.
Vinh Phuc is the locality having the highest number of nCoV patients, 9, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3, Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa with one each. Three cases have recovered and been released.
As of February 9 morning, other 83 cases are in isolation pending result tests.
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread