Vietnam reports one more coronavirus infection, totaling 14
The Hanoitimes - Five of the eight Nihon Plast Company workers have been confirmed positive with the nCoV.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health has confirmed another individual infected with the new coronavirus (nCoV), taking the tally of infections in the country to 14 so far.
|An isolation area. Photo: Internet |
The new patient, a 55-year-old, is the ninth case in the northern province of Vinh Phuc and the fourth infection of this province caused by human-to-human transmission, according to VnExpress.
She got infected allegedly after visiting home of a 23-year-old neighbor, who was one of the eight workers sent by Japan’s Nihon Plast Company to the Chinese city of Wuhan for training. They returned to Vietnam together on a January 17 flight.
The latest patient showed symptoms such as fever, headache and running nose on February 4. She is now in quarantine and stable health condition.
Five of the eight Nihon Plast Company workers have been confirmed positive with the nCoV.
Vinh Phuc is the locality having the highest number of nCoV patients, 9, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3, Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa with one each. Three cases have recovered and been released.
As of February 9 morning, other 83 cases are in isolation pending result tests.
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
- June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers 'miraculously'
US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
Trees embellish and refreshen Hanoi
Japan thanks Vietnam for accommodating warship plane
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget