Vietnam seeks Finland’s ratification of EVIPA
Vietnam called for more investment from Finnish companies in potential fields of hi-tech, telecommunications, renewables, and the environment.
Vietnam expected Finland to soon ratify the EU-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA) and encourage Finnish firms to expand investment activities in the country in priority fields, including hi-tech, telecommunications, renewables, and environment.
|Deputy Prime Minister Pham Minh Binh and Finnish Ambassador to Vietnam Kari Kahiluoto. Photo: Hai Minh|
Deputy Prime Minister Pham Minh Binh made the view in a meeting today [July 15] with the outgoing Finnish Ambassador to Vietnam Kari Kahiluoto.
Given the strong progress of bilateral relations, Minh called for greater cooperation between the two countries to tap into the potential of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), which took effect on August 1, 2020, as well as ratifying the EVIPA.
Minh requested Finland to continue supporting the Vietnam-EU comprehensive partnership.
“For its part, Vietnam is willing to serve as a bridge to promote relations between Finland and ASEAN,” he continued.
According to Minh, both Vietnam and Finland have signed a framework agreement for public projects in Vietnam to access concessional loans from the Nordic country’s Public Sector Investment Facility (PIF) scheme, saying this would contribute to Vietnam’s socio-economic development.
Meanwhile, educational cooperation between the two countries has seen strong progress, creating favorable conditions for Vietnamese students studying in Finland.
“Finnish educational model is being adopted at the Vietnam-Finland International School under Ton Duc Thang University,” he informed.
At the meeting, Kahiluoto informed the Finnish government has approved a report evaluating Vietnam’s transitional process in June 2021, which marks the shift in cooperation mechanism between the two countries from aid support to fair cooperation with mutual benefits.
- Foreign enterprises urge Vietnam to reopen
- HSBC facilitate $250 million investment in Vietnam unicorn
- Government-investment arm SCIC acquires 31% stake in Vietnam Airlines
- Vietnam to foster investment cooperation with Middle East
- Hanoi-based SHB sells its financial consumer arm to Thailand bank
- ADB finances US$60 million to improve climate resilience of infrastructures in Vietnam
- VinFast and Gotion High-Tech to produce EV batteries in Vietnam
- Boeing to open new office in Hanoi as part of its regional expansion
- Vietnamese Gov’t stipulates fields under State control post-privatization
- Efficient planning lays groundwork for investors to come: PM
Vietnam's State President arrives in New York for 76th UN General Assembly
Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2021 for inclusive growth
Mooncake heats up in Hanoi’s supermarket amid pandemic
Vietnam’s wood industry strives to extend its reach globally
Boeing 737 Max aircraft expected to fly in Vietnam soon
Skillful hands: get-rich-quick secret of Ha Thai lacquer craftsmen
5G carries Vietnam hope for future
Vietnam receives 1.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses from France, Italy
Vn-Index set for upward trend from September 13-17