Vietnam stands by China in coping with nCoV: PM
The Hanoitimes - PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc has hailed the Chinese Communist Party and government’s endeavors to control the epidemic,
Vietnam is willing to actively coordinate efforts with China in fighting the new coronavirus epidemic, Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has stated.
|Chinese Premier Li Keqiang meets with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in Beijing on Friday, April 26, 2019. Photo: Gov.cn|
In a diplomatic note sent to his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang on Sunday, the Vietnamese leader expressed his sympathy for the losses and hardship that Chinese people are going through.
PM Phuc also hailed the Chinese Communist Party and government’s endeavors to control the epidemic, and expected that with its vast experience in curbing Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003, China will soon successfully stop the new coronavirus.
The 2019 novel coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV for short, also known as the Wuhan coronavirus, was first detected in Wuhan city, Hubei province late in December 2019. As of January 28, it has killed at least 106 people in China and some 4,500 others have contracted the virus, the vast majority live in China. The deadly virus has been found in other 15 countries and territories.
Meanwhile, in Vietnam, 38 cases are being quarantined and waiting for test results as of late January 27. Two Chinese nationals were tested positive with the virus last week, and the son, 28, has been treated and now negative with the virus.
Vietnamese low-cost carrier VietJet Air has shown its readiness to bring back home Vietnamese nationals in Wuhan.
According to the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nearly 30 Vietnamese students and relatives are now stuck in Wuhan, which has been in lockdown with travel ban. They are all in good health conditions.
- All Vietnamese returning from South Korea put in mandatory isolation
- Vietnam halts granting visa for South Koreans amid widespread Covid-19
- CDC removes Vietnam from list of global epidemic zones
- Shareholder blames alcohol for mistakenly subscribing company’s staggering capital
- Removal of business conditions to help change state management mindset in Vietnam
- Fitch trims Vietnam GDP growth forecast to 6.3% on Covid-19
- Covid-19 dampens Vietnam businesses’ optimism: Survey
- Vietnam raises red flag to visitors from coronavirus-hit areas
- Vietnam PM seeks “double win” against Covid-19
- Vietnam plans to bring citizens in S.Korea home amid Covid-19 outbreak
Hanoi looks to comprehensive cooperation with India’s localities
Hanoi committed to creating optimal conditions for foreign investors
Vietnam halts granting visa for South Koreans amid widespread Covid-19
Hanoi willing to cooperate with Kazakhstan’s capital city
CDC removes Vietnam from list of global epidemic zones
Covid-19 poses both challenges and opportunities for businesses: Indian amb.
Hanoi needs to conduct anti-coronavirus drills: Party chief
Hanoi quarantines 174 people returning from South Korea’s Covid-19-hit city
Covid-19 dampens Vietnam businesses’ optimism: Survey