Vietnam starts new flight payment plan for returnees
The Hanoitimes - The new flight payment is launched to further facilitate procedures for bringing stranded Vietnamese home.
Vietnamese people stranded abroad who want to take a flight home can opt to pay for a combined package that includes flight tests, quarantine and PCR for the detection of Covid-19, local media reported.
The first flight under the combo package plan touched down at Van Don airport. Photo: VNA
According to Mr. Vo Huy Cuong, deputy director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Authority (CAAV), the combined package is launched to further facilitate procedures for bringing stranded Vietnamese home, especially from the three markets with good Covid-19 containment, including South Korea, Japan and Taiwan, from December 1, 2020 to January 15, 2021.
"The four airports have been selected to handle evacuation flights are Van Don, Da Nang, Cam Ranh and Can Tho," Mr. Cuong said, adding that the CAAV will operate flights to avoid airport congestion.
Cuong said that passengers will pay a full package to the airline, including air tickets, 15-day hotel quarantine, pick-up transportation and meals, as well as the coronavirus test fee in accordance with pandemic protocols.
Passengers subject to quarantine will be accommodated in two or three hotels for the airport to be evacuated in the shortest possible time.
Deputy General Director of the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines Le Hong Ha said the combined package has been piloted by the airline immediately after the government instruction on paid returning flight was released.
"Vietnam Airlines has partnered with service providers who are tour operators and dealers to pilot the package. The combined package has been made public among the Vietnamese community abroad," Mr. Ha said.
- Vietnam must control and forecast air quality by 2025: PM directive
- Vietnamese volunteers vaccinated with highest dose of Covid-19 are in good conditions
- Vietnam to import over 133 million doses of avian flu vaccine
- Vietnam to provide health insurance for all senior citizens in 2021
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam plans to scrap old vehicles over pollution concerns
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
Good preparations for qualified candidates: State President
Vietnam gov’t to facilitate digitalization among local firms
Deputy PM urges state-run firm Vinacomin to speed up privatization
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home