Vietnam starts research for Covid-19 vaccine
The country’s Covid-19 vaccine production would be based on previous achievements such as virus isolation and production of biomedical products for testing.
Vietnam has started a process to produce vaccines against Covid-19 and is expected to make a breakthrough thanks to the country's previous relevant achievements, according to scientists and medical experts in the field.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam addresses the meeting on April 29.|
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on April 29 assigned the Ministries of Science, Health and other relevant agencies to develop vaccines against Covid-19. Reports from ministries and institutes show that from the first days of the outbreak of Covid-19, they started studying, isolating, cultivating viruses, producing biomedical products for testing and progressively improved the treatment regimen.
According to world vaccine researchers, the development and production of vaccines requires multi-sectoral and long-term cooperation.
The research on Covid-19 vaccines has been sped up all over the world. Many clinical trials in the US and China are underway to test seven vaccines against the novel coronavirus. With 800 people volunteering for vaccine trial, the UK has also joined in the race since April 23. Currently, there is no official vaccine or special treatment for Covid-19 worldwide.
Scientists in many countries are testing vaccines against tuberculosis, measles or polio for Covid-19 treatment.
In Vietnam, the National Lung Hospital has completed a pilot protocol to use Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) tuberculosis vaccine to treat Covid-19, pending approval by the Ministry of Health.
If approved, the trial will be conducted on 800 frontline healthcare workers in two tropical disease hospitals of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Vietnam-made satellite passes final quality test in Japan before launch
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day to take place in late May in Hanoi
- Cyber-attacks in Vietnam drop 20% in first quarter of 2021
- Vietnam inaugurates first AI research center in Hanoi
- Information ministry targets 30,000 enterprises to use digital platforms every year
- Vietnam Digital Awards 2021 honors homemade technology products
- Made-in-Vietnam AI system detects human face in a second
- Mobile phone users protected from spam calls
- Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
- Cybersecurity in Vietnam sees positive changes in 2020
The old man guarding Hanoi's last ancient gate for 20 years
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Vietnam officially approves online schooling
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors
Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief