Vietnam tightens Covid-19 preventive measures for tranport services
The Hanoitimes - All travelers by air, road, sea and trail across the country are required to wear face masks and have their body temperature checked.
The Ministry of Transport requested on the evening of July 26 transport service providers to strictly comply with Covid-19 prevention and control measures after the novel coronavirus reappeared in the community in central Vietnam.
Local travelers are waiting for check-in at Danang airport on July 26. Photo: Zing
All drivers and passengers are required to wear face masks at train and bus stations and on board.
Before boarding, passengers must make electronic medical declarations and have their body temperature checked and wash their hands with disinfectant, except passengers on taxis and buses.
Authorities recommended limited conversation, eating and drinking during the trip. Drivers are encouraged to leave windows open to allow natural ventilation.
During the trip, the passenger needs to contact attendants or health authorities via two hotlines 1900 3228 and 1900 9095 for instructions.
All such conditions were no longer required for passengers after the national social distancing campaign in late March was lifted. Only air passengers were required to wear face masks.
During the stay-at-home orders, transport service providers were asked to reduce trips and flights and limit the number of passengers on each trip.
- Vietnam customs steps up fight against origin frauds in trade
- Vietnam business community helps ensure success in Covid-19 fight
- Hanoi-HCM City ranks second among the world's busiest domestic air routes
- Vietnam stands ready for competition from RCEP
- Vietnam calls for US investments in energy, industry and infrastructure
- Vietnamese firms to invest in 3 key aspects for digital transformation
- Vietnam flower and gift market heats up ahead of Teachers’ Day
- Vietnam ready to take more active role in Asia–Pacific amid RCEP signing: PwC
- Vietnam firms warned of growing trade probes
- Vietnam trade surplus hits US$19.5 billion in Jan-Oct
Vietnam promotes ASEAN Centrality amid global struggle for safety
Overseas Vietnamese: Inseparable part of Vietnam
Creative industries could greatly contribute to Hanoi's GRDP
JICA intensifies assistance to Vietnam in fight against Covid-19
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam