Vietnam to chair 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting Sept 9-12
The Hanoitimes - The main issues to be put on the table are building the ASEAN Community, joint response to Covid-19, the centrality of ASEAN and other regional and world issues.
As ASEAN Chair 2020, Vietnam will host the 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (53rd AMM) and related meetings on September 9, 10 and 12 via teleconference, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced.
|The opening ceremony of the 52nd ASEAN FMs' Meeting in Bangkok, Thailand, July 31. Photo: Nationthailand|
The main event, the 53rd AMM, will open on September 9, followed by the meeting of the Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon-free Zone (SEANWFZ) Commission, the 27th ASEAN Coordinating Council.
On the same day, the ASEAN-China Ministerial Meeting , ASEAN-RoK Minister Meeting, the 21st ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, and the 10th East Asia Summit (EAS) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting will take place.
On September 10 and 12, the ASEAN FMs will have separate meetings with other dialogue partners namely the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, the EU, India and Russia.
Also in the framework of the 53rd AMM, the ASEAN FMs will hold a meeting with ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) representatives.
The 27th ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) will take place on September 12.
The main issues to be put on the table are building the ASEAN Community, joint response to Covid-19, the centrality of ASEAN and other regional and world issues.
As ASEAN Chair, Vietnam will issue a number of statements.
- How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
- Vietnam among most resilient economies in Covid-19
- JICA intensifies assistance to Vietnam in fight against Covid-19
- O’Brien visit to Vietnam, Philippines shows US commitment in South China Sea
- US, Vietnam share deep commitment to rules-based principles: O’Brien
- Trade plays central role in Vietnam-US relations: PM Phuc
- O’Brien meets with Vietnamese government leaders in Hanoi
- US National Security Advisor discusses broad range of security issues in Hanoi
- US National Security Advisor O'Brien to visit Vietnam today
- Senior officials prepare for ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting
Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
Hoan Kiem lake - the heart of Hanoi
Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
Snapshots of beautiful West lake in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam