Vietnam to conduct anti-coronavirus drill for upcoming National Party Congress
The Army's General Department of Logistics has been asked to ensure medical supplies, equipment, drugs and chemicals to prevent a possible pandemic outbreak.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Defense together with a number of ministerial level agencies will conduct a drill on Covid-19 infection prevention and control in preparation for the upcoming National Party Congress, set to convene early next year, according to Deputy Defense Minister Tran Don.
Vietnam conducts anti-coronavirus drill.
Deputy Defense Minister Tran Don on November 12 said that the General Department of Logistics under the People's Army of Vietnam will form a working group to prepare for the drill.
The deputy defense minister informed that the rehearsal will take place in December.
Lieutenant General Tran Don requested the army units to maintain effective measures to prevent and fight against the pandemic in the time ahead to ensure safety and well perform defense tasks.
He also assigned specialized units to promote international cooperation, vaccine research, and anti-Covid-19 drug production. The General Department of Logistics has been asked to ensure medical supplies, equipment, drugs and chemicals to prevent a possible pandemic outbreak.
For his part, the Chief of Military Medical Department Nguyen Xuan Kien said that so far the army has tested nearly 21,000 people for Covid-19, deployed 174 isolation locations, and sent more than 138,000 people to concentrated quarantine camps.
Earlier, Hanoi has coordinated with the army to conduct safety screening measures on all passengers coming from the epidemic-hit countries right at Noi Bai International Airport on the outskirts of the city. Thereby, the city has promptly detected suspicious cases for isolation.
- JICA launches project on production of protein-free natural rubber in Vietnam
- EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates
- Australia shares 7.2M Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnam children
- Field trips help raise student awareness of nature protection in world biosphere reserve
- UNFPA promotes comprehensive development of Vietnam youth in US$3M project
- Vietnam's climate change strategy plays a key policy instrument
- Hanoi tightens food safety inspection post-Covid-19
- USAID-MPI agreement expands support to Vietnam
- Vietnam’s social protection system needs further reform
- Associations propose postponing minimum wage rise
SEA Games 31: Vietnam crowned men’s football champion
Public investment identified as urgent task for economic recovery: Gov’t
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Hanoi wants to build second int’l airport in Thuong Tin
Hanoi handicrafts attract international SEA Games 31 guests
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19