Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
The next parliament’s session will fall on March 24-April 7.
Vietnam’s top government and state positions will be elected at the upcoming session of the National Assembly, the country’s highest legislative body.
|the CPV’s Secretary General and State President Nguyen Phu Trong. Photo: Nhat Bac/VGP|
The Politburo, the country’s highest body, on March 8 asked the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s Central Committee to consider the nominations for Vietnam’s top jobs to be voted at the National Assembly (NA)’s 11th session which is slated for March 24 and April 7.
The information was released at the Central Committee’s 2nd meeting held in Hanoi on March 8.
As planned, the Politburo would submit the nominations of the top positions like State President, Prime Minister, and NA Chairperson.
The submission will include proposal for other posts for the NA’s feedback or ratification.
Speaking at the Central Committee’s meeting today, the CPV’s Secretary General and State President Nguyen Phu Trong said the personnel work must be in line with the Party and Central Committee’s regulations and in accordance with law.
- Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
- Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Brunei seek further comprehensive partnership
- Vietnam President vows to support ASEAN Community Vision 2025
- Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
- Shipbuilding: Iconic India-Vietnam defense partnership
- Daniel Kritenbrink awarded medal for contributions to Vietnam-US relations
- New government expected to address existing issues
- ASEAN and partners’ defense officials prepare for joint statement
- Vietnam-US relations definitely go further: Daniel Kritenbrink
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors