Vietnam to get 2nd COVAX Covid-19 vaccine shipment on May 16
The logistics data are displayed in a highly dynamic context and are subject to change.
Vietnam is scheduled to receive 1.68 million doses of AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine supported by the global vaccine sharing COVAX Facility on May 16.
|First shipment of Covid-19 vaccine via COVAX Facility arrives in Vietam on April 1. Photo: Suckhoedoisong|
News on the planned shipment arrival was confirmed by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), according to Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long.
It will be the second batch of vaccine following the first shipment of 811,200 Covid-19 vaccine doses on April 1 via the COVAX Facility led by UNICEF, WHO (the World Health Organization), GAVI (the Vaccine Alliance), and CEPI (the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations).
The Ministry of Health said the upcoming doses are expected to be allocated to all cities and provinces nationwide.
On the ground in each country, WHO and UNICEF are actively supporting national health systems to plan and deploy the vaccination, train health workers, improve their cold chain capacity, conduct monitoring, and raise public awareness and information on why vaccination is so important, according to UNICEF Vietnam.
On February 24, the first Covid-19 vaccine arrived in Vietnam. It’s a package of 117,000 doses purchased from AstraZeneca plc by Vietnam Vaccine JSC (VNVC).
As of May 13, nearly 978,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered to Vietnam’s frontline forces.
- Germany donates Vietnam additional 4 million vaccine doses
- HSBC Vietnam commits to arranging US$12 billion to green Vietnam
- Overseas Vietnamese: an inseparable part of the nation
- Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh passes away
- Vietnam Airlines resumes scheduled flights to Europe
- Vietnam to bring to justice 10 corruption cases in 2022: General Secretary
- Vietnam, Cambodia prepare for high-ranking exchange visits in 2022
- 10 countries recognize Vietnam vaccine passports
- AstraZeneca seeks Vietnamese partners for Covid-19 vaccine tech transfer
- Ten imprints of Vietnam at UNSC
Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
Vietnam's green commitment supports global fight against climate change
Hanoi detects first Omicron case in the community
No delay in implementing socio-economic recovery program: Deputy PM
PM asks ministries to consider reopening of cinemas nationwide
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty
Grand old peach trees grace Hanoi’s streets