Dec 31, 2015 / 16:50
Vietnam to issue Identification cards from January 1, 2016
The Law on Identification will go into effection from January 1, 2016. Accordingly, sixteen cities and provinces across the country will start issuing new Identification (ID) cards from January 1, 2016.
Deputy Chief of the Police General Department of Administration and Social Security under the Ministry of Public Security Gen. Tran Van Ve said the new IDs would be equivalent to the current 9-digit and 12-digit IDs (Chung Minh Nhan Dan), so citizens with valid IDs would not have to exchange them for new ones.
He noted that the new ID numbers would be associated with citizens' personal records and could be searched and retrieved from a digital database. In the coming time, Vietnamese ID cards may also be used as an alternative to the regular Vietnamese passport on the condition that bilateral agreements were reached with destination countries.
Hanoi that is one of 16 these localities will deploy issuing ID cards from January 1, 2016.
However, because of 2016 New Year holiday lasting in 3 days (from January 1-3), Hanoi police will start receiving records to issue new ID cards from January 4, 2016.
- "Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
- Vietnam evacuates some 250,000 residents as storm Kompasu nears
- Girls Takeover – efforts to break negative gender cycle
- Storm Lionrock forecast to dump rains in Vietnam’s north-central region
- Needy students to get loan for buying computers
- Vietnam to plant 20,000 hectares of forest in response to climate change
- Vietnam makes effort to rehabilitate its labor market
- Vietnam records increasing child obesity in big cities
- World Bank and Japan support community-based care for elderly in Vietnam
- Vietnam expects to end deaths from rabies by 2030
Hanoi tourism adapts to new situation
Vietnam regains its position as most ideal investment location: foreign expert
Hanoi is once again Covid-19-free zone
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam
Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
Live Fully in Viet Nam campaign to kick-off inbound tourism
Vietnam – example in telecom infrastructure development: ITU