Vietnam tourism businesses proposed US$6.4 billion aid package
The credit package is equivalent to about 25% of total tourism revenue in 2019.
The Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board (TAB) has recently requested a government-guaranteed credit package of VND150 trillion (US$6.4 billion) to support businesses in the sector overcome the Covid-19 pandemic.
The value of the credit package is equivalent to about 25% of total tourism revenue in 2019.
|Halong Bay in Quang Ninh province. Photo: Quoc Te newspaper|
Under the initiative, each travel business can take a government-backed loan equivalent to the amount of value-added tax, corporate income tax and payroll tax it paid in 2019.
Businesses that have a travel business license, registered capital of at least VND3 billion (US$127,972), employed at least 10 full-time people before February 29 and have paid payroll tax and personal income and value-added taxes in 2019 are eligible for the loan.
The package would be disbursed quarterly, and the borrowers will repay the debt 11 months after getting the loan.
Earlier, the TAB’s survey showed that 71% of 394 Vietnamese travel and tourism enterprises saw a decline of 30% in revenue in the first quarter of 2020 compared to the same quarter of 2019. Seventy-seven percent of total enterprises estimated a plunge of more than 80% in revenue in the second quarter of 2020 compared to the same period of 2019.
Among the surveyed businesses, 18% of total businesses had to lay off all the employees and 48% discharged 50% their workers. Besides, 75% of total surveyed businesses offered some kinds of financial support to their laid off workers.
More than 88% of businesses responded that they need the government-guaranteed credit package.
- Boeing 737 Max aircraft expected to fly in Vietnam soon
- Vietnam urged to balance long-term trade interest amid China’s CPTPP application: Expert
- Vietnam to be among first countries ratifying RCEP
- Vietnamese Gov’t opts for US$936 million rescue package in tax waiving
- Vietnam remains Austria reliable partner in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam considers foreign business successes as its own: PM
- Vietnam to issue technical regulations on EO residue limit
- Vietnam GDP growth forecast to hit 5.5% in 2021: CEO HSBC Vietnam
- Vietnamese Gov’t waives tariff for imported products in Covid-19 fight
- Hanoi requests grocery retailers to ensure compliance with disease prevention
Vietnam, Cuba to set up alliances in biotechnology
Vietnam urged to balance long-term trade interest amid China’s CPTPP application: Expert
Mooncake heats up in Hanoi’s supermarket amid pandemic
Boeing 737 Max aircraft expected to fly in Vietnam soon
Skillful hands: get-rich-quick secret of Ha Thai lacquer craftsmen
5G carries Vietnam hope for future
Vietnam receives 1.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses from France, Italy
Vn-Index set for upward trend from September 13-17
Vietnam looks for Finland experience in hi-tech, innovation