Vietnam warned of repeated Covid-19 pandemic outbreak
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam needs to conduct measures to assess the risk of an outbreak in the whole country so as to prepare an appropriate response.
The Vietnamese government needs to take a cautious approach because the Covid-19 pandemic could break out again any time, lawmaker Nguyen Lan Hieu said at a National Assembly meeting on June 16.
A second wave of Covid-19 infection is looming in many countries, including Vietnam, said Hieu, who is director of Hanoi Medical University Hospital.
Delegate Nguyen Lan Hieu from An Giang province
Therefore, Vietnam needs to conduct measures to assess the risk of an outbreak in the whole country so as to prepare an appropriate response, Hieu noted, adding that such measures should be devised in consultation with medical experts to ensure that Vietnam is safe from the pandemic.
Hieu also suggested that actions should be taken to improve the quality of commune and district health workers, especially those in remote areas.
"In doing so, Vietnam will still be a bright star in the fight against any disease," Hieu emphasized.
Speaking at the ongoing National Assembly gathering, others delegates lauded the Vietnamese government's efforts to fight the pandemic.
Deputy Bui Van Cuong from Dak Lak province said that while the world is struggling with Covid-19, Vietnam has initially succeeded in controlling it. the country, therefore, is appreciated by other countries and international organizations and praised as a global bright spot in the Covid-19 fight.
Meanwhile, To Van Tam from Kon Tum province assessed that Vietnam’s measures against Covid-19 are practical. The initial success has shown the government’s understanding of the pandemic nature and danger so as to adopt suitable solutions. Besides, financial aids for the people affected by the pandemic have been delivered timely by the government.
In order to achieve the dual target of preventing the disease and boosting economic recovery, the administrative reforms should be carried out with more determination, Tam said.
- Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
- Partial social distancing helps Vietnam mitigate negative economic Covid-19 impacts
- Covid-19 epicenter in Danang must be stamped out: PM
- Covid-19 may hurt up to 5 million workers in Vietnam in Q3
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam strives to stamp down Covid-19 in highly infectious Danang hospital
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh City closes entertainment facilities
- Vietnam authorities seize nearly 1 million poor quality face masks
Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Vietnamese students invent coronavirus-proof hat
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors