Vietnam welcomes all efforts to restart Middle East peace process
The Hanoitimes - President Donald Trump on January 28 announced a peace plan for the dispute between Israel and Palestine, which would legalize Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Vietnam closely follows the situation in the Middle East and welcomes all efforts to restart the Middle East peace process, Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on January 31 in reply to reporters’ questions regarding Vietnam’s reaction to the US’s Middle East peace plan.
|Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Photo: MOFA|
“We believe that a fair and sustainable solution to this issue can only be reached through dialogue and negotiations between related parties on the basis of respect for international law and related resolutions of the United Nations,” Hang noted.
President Donald Trump on January 28 announced his administration’s “Vision for Peace, Prosperity and a Brighter Future” at the White House, which would legalize Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas dismissed the plans as a "conspiracy,” BBC reported.
- Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
- ASEAN commits to further military cooperation amid security uncertainties
- UN must be truly cohesive and inclusive: Vietnam president
- First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
- Vietnam, US hold 11th Political, Security and Defense Dialogue
- Vietnam PM agrees to reopen air routes to Thailand
- Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
- Vietnam willing to share experience with UK on CPTPP accession
- Vietnam airlines to relaunch int'l flights from September 18
- Vietnam announces Covid-19 quarantine fees for visitors
Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
Vietnam to push for trade and industrial cooperation with American partners
Vietnam uses locally-made test kits for incoming guests
Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread