Vietnamese domestic air carriers cancel 49 flights due to storm
The Hanoitimes - Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm.
As many as 49 flights of Vietnamese domestic air carriers have been canceled, leading to a series of other flights rescheduled due to the influence of storm Nakri, the six in Vietnam so far this year, in the central part of the country, Tuoi Tre news reported.
|Illustrative photo: Vietnam Invesment Review|
Accordingly, Vietjet announced the cancellation of 19 flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, and some outbound departures. The air carrier also adjusted the time of seven flights on November 10-11.
Besides 20 canceled flights, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific announced to cancel an additional of eight flights in the afternoon and the evening of November 10.
Accordingly, Vietnam Airlines canceled six flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Da Lat, between Hanoi and Buon Me Thuat, between Danang and Buon Me Thuat and Buon Me Thuat and Ho Chi Minh City.
Jetstar Pacific canceled two more flights at night on November 10 between Ho Chi Minh City and Danang. While Bamboo Airways had two flights canceled on November 11 including the departure from/to Hanoi – Vinh.
Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm. The passengers on the affected flights are compensated according to the regulation.
Storm Nakri has devolved into a tropical depression as it approaches central Vietnamese shores between Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa Sunday night (November 10), causing heavy rains and widespread blackouts, VnExpress reported.
- Nearly 6,300 drivers in Vietnam fined for drunk driving amid stricter regulation
- Air pollution costs Vietnam US$13.6 billion a year
- Vietnam aims to send 130,000 laborers overseas in 2020
- Vietnam to raise salaries for civil servants from July 1
- Stricter penalties for drunk driving help reduce road accidents
- Vietnam takes drastic actions to implement Paris agreement: JICA
- Bicyclists in Vietnam to be fined if caught drunk driving
- Vietnam's voluntary social insurance coverage expands dramatically
- Vietnam seized 41 tons of wildlife specimens and products in 2013-2017
- Rampant cigarette smuggling in Vietnam defyies law
ASEAN foreign ministers express concerns about South China Sea developments
Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
Vietnam faces difficulty in raising funds for infrastructure
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government
Connectivity to bolster Vietnam’s integration in global markets: WB
Vingroup suspends airline project
How Asia can ride the digital wave to spur financial development?