Vietnamese domestic air carriers cancel 49 flights due to storm
The Hanoitimes - Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm.
As many as 49 flights of Vietnamese domestic air carriers have been canceled, leading to a series of other flights rescheduled due to the influence of storm Nakri, the six in Vietnam so far this year, in the central part of the country, Tuoi Tre news reported.
|Illustrative photo: Vietnam Invesment Review|
Accordingly, Vietjet announced the cancellation of 19 flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, and some outbound departures. The air carrier also adjusted the time of seven flights on November 10-11.
Besides 20 canceled flights, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific announced to cancel an additional of eight flights in the afternoon and the evening of November 10.
Accordingly, Vietnam Airlines canceled six flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Da Lat, between Hanoi and Buon Me Thuat, between Danang and Buon Me Thuat and Buon Me Thuat and Ho Chi Minh City.
Jetstar Pacific canceled two more flights at night on November 10 between Ho Chi Minh City and Danang. While Bamboo Airways had two flights canceled on November 11 including the departure from/to Hanoi – Vinh.
Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm. The passengers on the affected flights are compensated according to the regulation.
Storm Nakri has devolved into a tropical depression as it approaches central Vietnamese shores between Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa Sunday night (November 10), causing heavy rains and widespread blackouts, VnExpress reported.
- How Hanoi penalizes offenders of Covid-19 pandemic prevention rules?
- How strong is India’s resilience in global health crisis?
- Covid-19 battle in India: Early response, tough measures work
- 'Face mask ATM' operated in Ho Chi Minh City amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Vietnam to evacuate 80,000 people from Danang with preventive measures in place
- Hanoi students call for wildlife protection
- Vietnam names first ten ambassadors of occupational skills
- Over 39% of Vietnam population lives in urban areas
- Two thirds of Vietnamese married women suffer domestic violence: Study
- Kazakhstan puts Covid-19 situation under control
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
PM expects Vietnam to remain Samsung’s global strategic production hub
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors