Vietnamese news portals and websites are favorite targets of hackers
The Hanoitimes - Security of Vietnam portals/websites were breached by 744 attacks over the last four weeks with 62 interface-changing hacks and 428 malware attacks.
Currently, news portals and websites are identified as the most vulnerable targets to hackers' attacks, the Government Portal reported.
According to the Department of Information Security under the Ministry of Information and Communications, the security of Vietnam portals/websites was breached by 744 attacks over the last four weeks with 62 interface-changing hacks and 428 malware attacks.
On December 24, the Vietnam Cyber Emergency Response Center under the Department of Information Security launched an information security drill in Hanoi with the theme “Preventing attacks to portals and websites".
The drill aimed to enhance the national network information security, incident detection and response skills for officials working on information security, information technology and incident response at network member units.
According to the organizers, this year's drill was carried out through a new method, as it was conducted on a real system. The experts participating in the drill were divided into different teams.
The teams were assigned to manage and protect their server systems by detecting incidents, getting evidence to analyze and identify the nature and cause of the incidents as well as the way the system was breached and the extent of the damage. Then, they had to draw up plans to deal with the incident and handle it.
In addition to this technical system, the organizers also set up an online guidance system to rank and award the participants with the fastest and most accurate analysis and investigation results.
- First 5G video call made in Vietnam with locally produced equipment
- Vietnam to launch commercial 5G services in 2020
- Computer malware causes US$860 million damage to Vietnam
- Vietnam needs to pioneer 5G deployment: PM
- Vietnamese news portals and websites are favorite targets of hackers
- Innovation is key in Vietnam's digital transformation: Deputy minister
- UNDP advances smart city projects in Vietnam
- Vietnam bank exposed to security breach with 2M accounts leaked
- UNDP aids Danang in building smart and green city
- Vietnam’s aviation authority allows 15-inch Macbook Pro onboard
What to know about Tet holiday in Vietnam?
Life gets back to normal in Dong Tam after deadly clash
Hanoi streets decorated stunningly for Lunar New Year festival 2020
Vietnam PM approves national strategy for financial inclusion until 2025
Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
Debt maturity in 2020 – 2021 to put pressure on Vietnam’s state budget
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government