Vietnamese news portals and websites are favorite targets of hackers
Security of Vietnam portals/websites were breached by 744 attacks over the last four weeks with 62 interface-changing hacks and 428 malware attacks.
Currently, news portals and websites are identified as the most vulnerable targets to hackers' attacks, the Government Portal reported.
According to the Department of Information Security under the Ministry of Information and Communications, the security of Vietnam portals/websites was breached by 744 attacks over the last four weeks with 62 interface-changing hacks and 428 malware attacks.
On December 24, the Vietnam Cyber Emergency Response Center under the Department of Information Security launched an information security drill in Hanoi with the theme “Preventing attacks to portals and websites".
The drill aimed to enhance the national network information security, incident detection and response skills for officials working on information security, information technology and incident response at network member units.
According to the organizers, this year's drill was carried out through a new method, as it was conducted on a real system. The experts participating in the drill were divided into different teams.
The teams were assigned to manage and protect their server systems by detecting incidents, getting evidence to analyze and identify the nature and cause of the incidents as well as the way the system was breached and the extent of the damage. Then, they had to draw up plans to deal with the incident and handle it.
In addition to this technical system, the organizers also set up an online guidance system to rank and award the participants with the fastest and most accurate analysis and investigation results.
- Vietnam wins three awards in International Blockchain Olympiad 2021
- Southeast Asia’s largest-scale genome sequencing center set up in Vietnam
- Legal forum good for ASEAN cybersecurity efforts: Vietnam
- Google Safety Centre for Vietnamese makes debut
- International drill tests cybersecurity incident response
- Gender equality through contest: providing a safe learning in cyberspace
- Launch of Vietnam sea observation satellite suspended due to ground radar issue
- USAID-funded project to improve Vietnam's tech workforce
- Vietnam needs to perfect its legal framework for digital economy
- Vietnam tests internet speed measuring app in foreign countries
Vietnamese Gov’t lowers GDP growth forecast to 3.5% this year
Women filmmakers struggle to overcome gender prejudice
Vietnam, India traditional costumes show similarities
“Banana” millionaires along Hanoi’s Red River
Vietnamese army required to intensify peacekeeping missions
Vietnam GDP growth predicted to hit 1.8% in 2021: VESS
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam