Vietnam tourism ministry cries for relief aid
The Hanoitimes - Local authorities have proposed the government remove obstacles for the tourism industry which is heavily affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has submitted to the government measures to relieve the ordeal of the tourism industry caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
|A hotel in Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Photo: Tien Phong Online|
The relief measures are corresponding to scenarios depending on the evolution of the pandemic.
In the first scenario, if the pandemic is contained only in Vietnam, the industry will focus on stimulating the domestic tourism market with emphasis on Meetings, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions (MICE) and roll out a promotional campaign themed “Vietnam - Safe tourism.”
In the second scenario, if the pandemic is contained in Vietnam and some other countries, the industry is expected to launch a communication campaign to promote “Vietnam NOW - Safety and Smiling”, a tourism stimulus program with discounts and enhance outbound tourism promotion to those countries free from the pandemic.
For the last one where the pandemic is under control worldwide, promotional programs and stimulus packages will be launched for both domestic and international tourists, especially through increasing flight frequencies, opening more air routes, visa exemption and visa fee reduction.
- Hanoi named among TripAdvisor’s 25 popular destinations
- What makes Hanoi’s first gold-plated hotel special?
- Covid-19 batters hospitality businesses in Hanoi
- Vietnam’s tourism ministry gives support to stranded foreign tourists
- Vietnam tourism ministry cries for relief aid
- Service providers in Vietnam quickly adapt to Covid-19 pandemic
- Hotels in Hanoi support fight against Covid-19
- All catering services in HCM City required to close
- Hanoi to mobilize hotels for quarantine purposes
- 145 hotels across Vietnam register to become quarantine places
Responsible business should be promoted in Vietnam for more foreign investment: Workshop
Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
ASEAN traditional costumes displayed at exhibition in Hanoi
Foreign investors' perception key to help upgrade Vietnam stock market: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam