Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
The Hanoitimes - The most significant ritual of the New Year event is the Neu pole raising ceremony at the Ngoc Son Temple’s gate by Hoan Kiem lake.
A series of activities will be held in the Old Quarter and the pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem Lake on January 18 to celebrate the Lunar New Year of 2020.
Vietnamese Tet holiday will be recreated in the heart of the Old Quarter by the Dinh Lang Viet cultural group and the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center, opening a series of events to celebrate the 1010th anniversary of Thang Long- Hanoi in 2020.
The most significant ritual of the New Year event is the Neu pole raising ceremony at the Ngoc Son Temple’s gate by Hoan Kiem lake, followed by several folk performances including the lion dance of the Ly dynasty, dancing and song singing at the communal house, among others, together with some special folk melody performances of artists from different regions across Vietnam.
At Kim Ngan Temple, there will be some cultural activities including the incense offering to the tutelary genie; exhibition of Kim Hoang and Dong Ho folk paintings; display of the head of lion and “nghe” statue as well as replicas of lion pattern of the Ly dynasty (1009-1225) from Ba Tam pagoda in Gia Lam district of Hanoi.
At the Heritage House in Ma May, visitors may immerse in the traditional Tet atmosphere with many costumes reenacted including the scenes of “chung” cake cooking and tasting by a typical Vietnamese family. There will be also a folk exhibition of Hang Trong paintings and the recreation of the custom of asking for Lucky letters here.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Vietnam PM urges cooperation foreign partners to develop military weapons
Vietnam to raise taxable personal income threshold from July
Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
June 4: Vietnam cures up to 92% of Covid-19 patients
Vietnamese shoppers prefer cashless payments
Long road for Vietnam towards complete economic recovery: World Bank
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river